Ch. 6 Introductions

Emma was sitting by the stone windowsill in her bedchambers when a hurried knock at the door made her head jump up in surprise. "Yes?? Hello?!" Emma said as she rushed to the heavy wooden door, "whoever is there, please help me! The Queen is keeping me prisoner here!"
Just then, Emma quickly backed up as the door opened wide, almost knocking her down in the process.
"Please, quit the dramatics" Red replied as she bustled through the door into Emma's room. "The only one here for you is me, and I'M no savior. THAT I can assure you!"
Emma stared at Red in astonishment. She glanced back at the doorway, but to her disappointment, her eyes were met with an armed guard blocking any chance of escape.
"So," Emma said to Red; remembering seeing the woman assist Regina last night in her bedroom; "I suppose you are a friend of The Queen's then?"
Red, who was deep in thought as she surveyed Emma's current living quarters that she was assigned to, turned to face her and replied; "Technically, I suppose one could say that."
Emma raised her brow, interested to hear more. Red continued, "I am The Personal Handmaiden to The Queen. I am at her side to take care of all of her personal needs and requests."
"So I see" Emma replied with a touch of sarcasm to her voice, "it sortve looked that way by the way you held her washcloth last night. It must be tiresome."
Red grew angry at Emma's tone, she stood behind Emma leaning into her ear and said sharply "I am HAPPY to please her, if it does so. I KNOW Regina appreciates what I do for her."
Emma smiled to herself. She knew she was getting to Red now, "oh I'm sure she does. That's why she sent you HERE, to handle me, right?"

 That's why she sent you HERE, to handle me, right?"

Red whipped Emma around to face her. "Listen to ME, you little bitch! I don't know WHAT THE HELL Regina wants with you, but I'm sure whatever it is, she has her reasons. When she's done with you, she'll put you out with the rest of the trash." Red cracked her neck, took a breath in and continued, " for now, My Queen requests me to make sure you are cleaned up and adequately dressed."
She took a few moments taking in Emma's appearance; her still soot covered face, hands and clothes. "Not presentable at all," Red muttered to herself, "Ping!" Red gestured to the guard standing in the doorway, "have some hot water sent to Emma's chambers, as well as The Queen's seamstress."
"Ma'am!" The armed guard replied and took to the halls.
Red turned back to Emma scowling "remove your clothes and get into the tub"
Emma's eyes went wide "Excuse me?!"
"You heard me," Red exclaimed, "into the tub!" Red pointed to a small, claw foot tub at the back of the room. "Ping will return soon with water for your bath, as will the The Queen's seamstress. As you look now, you are in
NO WAY presentable for our Queen."
Emma huffed, and made her way towards the tub. She began to disrobe, then paused, turning to Red and said, "Um, aren't you going to at least turn your head?"
Red sat on the bed directly across from the tub. She leaned back on the palms of her hands, smiled a crooked smile
and replied, "No...
I'm interested to see exactly what it is Regina is after."
Emma looked down at herself in disbelief. She was a bit confused, after all, she too had no idea WHAT The Queen was after. "The Queen is holding me for High Treason." Emma protested, "that is why I am here!"
"Ha!" Red mocked Emma loudly, hopping off the bed and sauntering toward her, "stupid girl, if that were at all true, you would already have hung by your neck in the fields like the others that have come before you!!" Red picked up a wash cloth and tossed it at Emma as Ping and five others arrived with hot water for Emma's bath. "No, Regina wants you alive. For what, is the question!" Red paused then returned to her spot on the bed and said to Emma; "Be sure to wash ALL the filth from your body! Regina is waiting."