Ch. 16 Magic

With both spellbinding women in The Queen's Secret Room for a second time, Emma and Regina readied themselves for Emma's first lesson in Light Magic.

"So... what can I do to help?" Emma asked The Queen as she watched her methodically move candles, jars and other objects around that where either in the way or needed to be close by for what they were going to use.

"Oh.. um.." Regina barely looked up at Emma. She was moving quickly as she prepared their work area, "honestly, Swan, just try to relax a bit."
Regina paused a moment and looked up at Emma now, smiling gently, " you'll need every ounce of energy and concentration you have to produce magic. So prepare yourself, ok?"

"Uh, yea ok. Sure thing." Emma replied as she backed up and sat down away from The Queen and her preparations, now feeling a little uneasy and not quite sure what to do with herself.

After a few minutes passed, The Queen stepped back and smiled. She looked at Emma and said to her;
"Ok! I think we're ready!"

"Great! So.. what exactly do you have in mind? I mean, what do you think I'm capable of, exactly?" Emma asked from her seated position.

Regina stood thinking a moment. Then said to Emma, "Swan, I believe you are capable of more than you actually know, if I'm being honest. With Light Magic, Dark Magic.. and really all Magics in general, well... they affect the user differently."

"...how do you mean?" Emma replied.

"How shall I explain, Ms Swan.. perhaps a demonstration?" The Queen replied.

Regina, pinching her brows together in mild concentration, put out her hand, upward, as if she were holding something round in it. Then, quite suddenly, a large ball of orange and red flames stood blazing in her hand!

 Then, quite suddenly, a large ball of orange and red flames stood blazing in her hand!

"Oh my god! Regina!" Emma replied.

But as quickly as the flames appeared, they were gone, as The Queen closed her hand.

"Don't be alarmed Emma," Regina assured her, "I feel no pain, nothing."

The smile returning back to The Queen's face as she collected herself again,
"Now then Ms Swan! As I was explaining before, Magic takes on a different form, from person to person. Therefore, for me, I may harness fire within. However, yours may take on another form. So, today, our goal is to try and uncover what that is."

Emma was full of nerves. All she could do at the moment was stare down at her own hands, just imagining what it might feel like if they were on fire...

 All she could do at the moment was stare down at her own hands, just imagining what it might feel like if they were on fire