Ch. 15 Spellbound

Emma was determined to find out more information on the events taking place around her. 
A few hours had passed since she'd been awake, and she'd already gotten  dressed, and readied herself for the day.
Making her way to the castle's dining hall, she saw Mulan walking at the far end of the hall.

"Hey, Mulan! Listen, I have to speak with you about what we talked about the other night.."

"Sshh! Lower your voice! Are you insane?!" Mulan said in a hushed voice, her brows pinched together.
After quickly looking around, confirming they were alone, Mulan pulled Emma into an empty doorway of the closest room so they could speak.
"Perhaps I did not make myself clear last time we spoke," she said to Emma in a quiet yet firm voice, "although I have trusted you with my true identity, no one else here knows who I am. Just you... and Ruby."

"Right. Red knows as well?" Emma replied, "but wouldn't she just tell Regina?"

"Ruby believes I have also committed myself to The Queen, as she believes she has. When I came to this castle under cover, I led everyone to believe I had left my old life behind. That is why I chose to use a different name, and that is why I am known here as Ping, not Mulan. I also could not risk any word of this escaping the castle. I cannot be responsible for This Evil Queen adding anymore hearts to her collection..."

"I see." Emma quipped.

Mulan took a good look at Emma just then before she spoke.

"Swan. Please tell me you believe what I'm trying to tell you..."

Emma bit her bottom lip looking away from The athletic woman clad in soldiers garb.

"...I don't know.. Part of me does but,"
Emma trembled.

"She's got you, doesn't she?" Mulan said, shaking her head, "The Queen's got you right where she wants you Emma."

"What are you talking about! I didn't even tell you anything!"

Mulan smirked, letting out a tiny laugh, "You don't have to. It's what you're not saying that's telling the story here, don't you see?"

Emma pinched her brow together. Then, turning to leave, she said under her breath, "I don't know what the hell youre getting at.."

Mulan quickly shot a toned arm up, gripping the stone door jam preventing Emma from walking away.

"So What is it then? Regina show you some kindness? hmm? Did she.. seduce you, perhaps?"
Mulan asked, slowly moving her hand to Emma's hip and giving it a squeeze, "Does The Queen know how to please you Emma? Make you forget everything with just her touch...?"

Emma turned back, staring Mulan in her eyes, "Stop it, Mulan. You don't know what the hell you're talking about!"

"No?" Mulan replied, "because I think I do!"

Emma broke away from Mulan, seemingly upset, and quickly began walking down the hall away from her. She felt her tears welling up in her eyes, and could still hear Mulan calling after her.

"Don't let her control you Emma!! Remember...! Clear your head! Find the truth!"

***

The Queen was in her chambers still recovering from her bath. She had quite a lot on her mind today. It had been a while since she'd been with Red.. but, she'd gone short spans without her before and had other lovers between.

However..

This was the first time a vision like this ever happened to Regina. Hell - it was the first time it ever BOTHERED her!