Ch. 22 The Beginning

"Regina, Please I'm begging you...!" Emma pleaded, "I can see you're in physical pain - just tell me what's wrong; let me help you!"

Still gripping her chest with torn anguish on her face, The Queen managed to pull herself up from her bed; stumbling slightly, she moved herself over to a nearby chair grabbing a silk robe that was strewn across it.
Wrapping herself in it tightly, she sat in the chair, her eyes to the floor.
Calming herself down, The Queen gained control of herself through her breathing allowing the piercing pain in her chest begin to dull.
Emma, having redressed herself, made her way closer to her Queen, sitting on the edge of the bed closest to the chair at which Regina sat.

"I will sit with you all day and night if I have to," Emma said to her, "but I'm not leaving your side until you tell me what's going on."
Regina shifted her sight to Emma's face, taking in her serious expression. She knew there was no stalling anymore, it was time. She had to come clean; tell her Swan the truth, the whole truth - from the very beginning...

"Emma, there are so many things I must tell you, explain to you.." The Queen began, "I will tell you everything, but, I don't know how you are going to feel about me.. us.. or any of this, afterward."

"I could never feel any different about you now." Emma explained.

Regina put her head up toward the ceiling and let out a loud, sarcastic laugh, "Ha! You say that now.. wait until you hear what your Evil Queen has done to earn her title." Regina retorted, her face hardened, "when you learn of my atrocities, you may have a difference of opinion, Ms Swan."

Without a moment's hesitation, the blonde challenged her, "Ok, I guess we'll have to see then won't we?" Emma's eyebrow raised in question

The Queen leaned back in her chair and thought for a moment before she began her story. She took a few minutes to take in the room, her eyes falling back over the blonde, staring back at her.

"I am The Evil Queen, after all," she began, "Unkind, unforgiving. No one is capable of loving me. Besides, how could they..?"