27. Fire And Ice

As the green mist dissipated, the three women found themselves at the center of The Queen's spell room.

Zelena gave herself a quick tour as she walked around the room, taking in the details of the carved stone walls and all the potions and rare ingredients that lined them.
Turning slowly to face her sister, Zelena asked "Well, well Regina.. I'd say it's been quite some time since I've been to your spell room. What naughty things have you been hiding in here..?"
"Naughty things?" Regina laughed, "I'm not hiding anything Zelena, naughty or otherwise. Just ask Emma, she'll tell you."
"Oh, I'm sure..." Zelena said, her words dripping with sarcasm as she smiled.
Confused at first with the banter between the sisters, Emma's face suddenly reflected the moment she caught on to the sarcasm, blushing and giving a sly smile as she remembered what happened between Regina and herself the last time they were alone in the room.

Regina rolled her eyes at Zelena's accusations. "What I do in my spell room is MY business. I don't have to tell you anything."
"Very well sis." Zelena complied.
"Now then, shall we get on with it?"
"Yes, of course." Regina replied.
"Excellent!" Zelena exclaimed loudly.
"So.. how do we do this exactly?" Emma asked.
"We will perform a sortve 'merging' ritual.'" She continued, "The spell will require us all to be balanced with ourselves, as well as each other.. that includes our emotions and magic."
"Ok, and then what??" Regina asked.
"...and then, the two of you will be linked together." Zelena explained.
"Linked? What does that..?" Emma asked, feeling a little uneasy about the spell.
"It means, my dear, that you and Regina here, are going to be linked in mind, soul and magic." Zelena explained, "It also means you will be able to tap into each other for strength and power."
"Mmm, interesting," Regina replied staring at the floor, finger tip tapping at her jaw line as she thought a moment. "However, I do wonder what the negative side of this is Zelena. There must be one."
"Well, yes, of course.." Zelena looked on nervously.
"Ok.. and??!" Emma replied, "What's the risk Zelena?"
"Erm.. well.." Zelena started, "To be honest.. because you, Emma, would be tapping into the power and magic of my dear sister here.. the risk of the dark magic completely taking over is quite higher."
"Well then, what's the point, Zelena??!" Regina asked sternly, "We're trying to avoid Emma turning dark!"
"Well, yes, I know, but -"

""Well then, what's the point, Zelena??!" Regina asked sternly, "We're trying to avoid Emma turning dark!""Well, yes, I know, but -"