Ch. 14 Love?

Emma awoke the next morning still reeling from the evening she had with The Queen. Part of her felt giddy and excited that Regina offered to teach her Light Magic, she felt hopeful of their blossoming relationship.. "But is that what this is?"
Emma thought out loud to herself, staring up at the stone ceiling as she lay in bed.
She then recalled Mulan's conversation with her the other night. How she told Emma about The Queen stealing the hearts of others and locking them in her vault. How she used this method to control the actions and emotions of others.
"It is strange that I havn't thought about trying to leave this place at all.. or even really wanted to," Emma thought, "honestly since my first night with The Queen, I haven't revisited any want or need to escape at all! I've just become more and more... intoxicated by Regina..!"
Emma sat up in her bed, trying to shake off the thought that maybe her feelings for The Queen were fabricated due to her heart being controlled.
"No, it just can't be..." Emma said to herself, shaking her head, "though it's not impossible for Mulan's story to have some truth to it, I know what I'm feeling has got to be real. It just has to!
Time for some investigating!"

***

The Queen sat relaxing in her White porcelain tub at the far end of her bed chambers, getting her soak in for her morning bath. The steaming hot water filled the tub, encircling her naked body, helping to release any leftover tensions that may have lingered previously, that her evening with Emma Swan couldnt fully release.

"Red..?" Regina leaned her head back onto the back of the tub, "..are you coming? I've been waiting a while now.."
A few moments later, Red emerged from the handmaiden's quarters at the corner of the room where the tub and sink were located. She wore only a silken hooded bath robe, tied at the front, deep red in color. It was the preferred "uniform" The Queen required to be worn during her baths.
"I'm here, My Queen." Red announced quietly. Her long, dark brown curls falling down her back, against the soft silk, "forgive my lateness."
"I see" Regina replied eying her, "..as I am quite ready for my bath, late as you are, I'll let this slide."
Red gave a half smile, "of course. Thank you." Red then made her way closer to the claw foot tub that held the beautiful Queen. As she reached for the Queen's soap, Regina quickly grabbed her wrist with wet hands as she said, "Tsk, Tsk!"
Red had a confused look on her face. "Now Red, you see me here, in this hot, steamy tub? Naked, vulnerable.."
Red looked at Regina, eyes wide, not really knowing what she was getting at just yet.
But then again, Red knew; these games were typical of The Queen.
She listened as Regina continued, "...and yet, there you are, standing above me, holding the soap... It's almost like you're holding the power.. in this situation." Again, The Queen paused, surveying Red for just a moment before she continued on with her speech, "Not unlike a mother washing her child... Wouldn't you agree?"

"I.. um, I.. don't know, perhaps."

"And I bet that feels good, doesn't it Red?"