Ch. 17 Her Dark Path

So many thoughts, feelings and emotions ran wild through Regina at that very moment, not to mention the questions..! Looking away, she asked herself, "What the hell was happening..?"

Emma's eyes quickly blinked the icy-blue glow away, "wha.. what are you saying just now?" She asked The Queen.

"Oh! No.. no, it's nothing My beautiful Swan," Regina reassured her, lowering her face to kiss her. "Come now, I think we've had our fun for tonight.."
The Queen lowered herself off of the mantle, extending her hand to help Emma off as well.

Ohh," Emma pleaded, "Why can't we just stay here for a little longer..?"

"Because, Ms Swan, there are other things that need my attention in this castle.. and this kingdom - believe it or not." The Queen explained as the two women collected themselves and redressed.
"However.." The Queen continued smiling, ".. tomorrow is a new day.."

"Indeed it is!" Emma smiled back, "..also I know I briefly spoke of this earlier, but I was wondering.."

"Yes? Go on Ms Swan.."

"... I was wondering if you would allow me to come to this place more often, even if you can't be here with me. You know, so I could practice some of the spells we have worked on." Emma explained.

The Queen stood silent as she thought for a moment about what Emma was asking

"I suppose it should be fine, after all, it will only help you grow stronger" Regina replied, "However, I have a few conditions - "

Emma's face lit up, "of course! Anything!"

The Queen took in a deep breath,
"I will need to be informed every time you need access to this room, whether or not I am with you.
You may not always be granted access either.
There are some potions and ingredients that are off limits. You will know what they are as they are enchanted, and you will Not be able to access them.
Lastly, I may decide to revoke this privilege at anytime." 

"Understood." Emma replied.

Regina took a few steps closer to Emma, and took a small vile from a shelf in the room, drawing her attention to it; "I want you to take this"