Ch. 24 Entourage

With only minutes left to the hour  before Regina agreed to meet Emma, The Queen paced heavily in her chambers contemplating what Emma's plan could possibly be...

"...I just don't understand why she asked me to meet her by Red's chamber..." Regina thought aloud as she paced. "Claudius," The Queen called out to her prized guardsman, "You know I've always valued your honest opinion for as long as you've served me. What do you think Emma Swan has planned? Should she be trusted..?"

Claudius, clad in his armor as he stood just inside the doorway of the room, turned his head to face The Queen directly as he spoke, "My Queen, Ms Swan has stayed within the walls of your castle for several months now

Claudius, clad in his armor as he stood just inside the doorway of the room, turned his head to face The Queen directly as he spoke, "My Queen, Ms Swan has stayed within the walls of your castle for several months now. She knows she is free to leave at any time she desires, yet she stays by your side."
"Mmm.. Go on.." The Queen replied with narrow eyes.
"As you know, My Queen, I would give my life to protect yours," Claudius drew in his breath, taking several steps away from his post at the door, closing the gap between them, "I know the feeling of the fire burning deep inside, fueling my ultimate goal to fully protect and serve you, no matter the cost. And I recognize that same fire burning deep in Emma Swan's eyes."
Straightening her back, folded arms now at her sides, The Queen raised her head slightly and said, "Claudius, thank you. Perhaps you're right, I -"
"With all due respect, Ma'am, I know I am. That woman loves you more than any person could love another."
Exhaling the air she had sucked in before her guardsman cut her off, Regina replied, "Alright then. We should be on our way. Best to not keep Emma waiting."
Bowing his head in acknowledgment, Claudius moved to open the chamber door as The Queen moved passed him and out into the castle halls.

***

Just outside of Red's chamber door, Emma stood nervously glancing at the clock on the castle wall.

"We've been standing here staring at each other for several minutes now," Mulan observed as she stood with Emma, "What is it you want to discuss?"

Nervous still, Emma focused her attention on Mulan, "What if I told you I had a pretty good plan to take Aurora and Red's hearts back from The Queen?"

"I'd say 'tell me more'..." Mulan cautiously replied.

"...ok.." Emma said as she felt beads of sweat begin to form on her brow, "...well, I do have a plan to get this done however, it's going to take a lot of teamwork and compromise on all our parts."

"Compromise?" Mulan's face grew more serious as she listened to Emma's plan.

"Compromise?"  Mulan's face grew more serious as she listened to Emma's plan