Ch. 12 Secrets

Without warning, The Queen flung open the double French Doors to Red's Chambers, catching her and her two fellow handmaidens by shocking surprise.
"My Queen!" Red gasped, taking a knee, as did her fellow maidens.
With anger in her eyes, The Queen quickly moved in close to Red, outstretching her hand in a motion to hold her by the throat, "What have you done?!" She asked of her, between clenched teeth.
Red, gasping for air, tried to speak "wha.. what, what are you talking about ..?"
The other maidens looked away in fear, as The Queen's eyes grew wider with rage at Red's question.
The Queen turned to them, her eyes wild, "Leave us at once!!"
Scattering from the room, the other handmaidens left, and Regina and Red were now alone. The Queen unclenched her hand, dropping Red to the floor.
Regina stood looming over Red, now sprawled out on the floor gasping for air.
"HOW DARE YOU!" The Queen said to her now.
Red, looking up at her questionably from her position on the floor asked, "Regina, I don't know what you're upset about, please.."
"Oh, no?!" The Queen asked with one eyebrow raised, "perhaps you can explain to me, why on Earth Emma is insistent upon seeing my Secret Vault!! Something she normally would know nothing about!"
Red's eyes went wide as she stood now, facing Regina.

""Oh, no?!" The Queen asked with one eyebrow raised, "perhaps you can explain to me, why on Earth Emma is insistent upon seeing my Secret Vault!! Something she normally would know nothing about!"Red's eyes went wide as she stood now, facing Regina

"It is true," Red began, "that I may have mentioned something about unknown 'halls' and 'rooms' within these castle walls, but I never told Emma about your Vault.."

"LIAR!!"

Red could see the violet hue that blazed brightly in the iris's of Regina's eyes whenever The Queen's emotions began to consume her.

Regina placed her hand on Red's chest, just over where her heart would be, "You know Red, I was thinking that perhaps you might consider yourself to be... sneaky. Is that so?"
As The Queen spoke to her, Red started to feel intense, sharp pain in her chest exactly where The Queen laid her hand.

Red struggled to answer, "I'm not sure I know what you mean, My Queen,"

"Sure you do.." The Queen's lips curled into a wicked smile as the pain in Red's chest grew stronger, "Let me tell you this girl; there is absolutely NOTHING that goes on within my castle walls that I don't know or find out about! It does not benefit you to try to deceive me."

Red fell to her knees in pain, holding on to The Queen's wrist that covered her chest.

"Remember Red," she continued, "regardless of the fact that your heart sits in a Small box in my vault, doesn't mean I still can't make the hole in your chest where it once sat hurt like fucking hell!"

"Please... I cant take much... more.."

"Neither can I"
The Queen said with a look of disgust on her face. She released Red from her grasp, and Red slumped over on to the floor, breathing heavily.

The Queen abruptly turned, throwing open the doors and walking past Claudius; who stood post waiting for her, "Were late Claudius. That took longer than it should have."