Chapter 16

DAY OF VMAS

They've been building the hype of our performance for tonight. Everyone's excited. Were closing the show.... crazy I would of never guessed I would be closing the VMAs with Eminem and Miley Cyrus.

I've worked my butt off, with WWE and rehearsals for the VMAs. Plus now writing for WWE and maintaining my work out schedule. I'm tired... But so ready for it.

"Okay, at 6 they're filming your red carpet walk, you getting out if the car And stuff. Then a quick interview with the MTV pre show host, jake miller. And after that you walk in and take your seat." Ken said to me while I sat in the hotel bathroom getting hair and make up done. "Okay...". "Okay, then they'll come get you, em and Miley like 20 minutes before your performance." "How long is the performance?" "25 minutes. I think." I nodded. "Oh! And one more thing.... you're presenting an award with Miley." "What!??! Since when?" "Last minute. So they'll come get you two earlier." "What category?" "Can't remember. But don't worry! You'll be fine." "...If you say so." I sat back and let them finish up.

An hour and a half later.... hair and make up done. I stood up and went to put on my dress.
Perfect.
I looked in the mirror. "Wow..." Kenny said walking in. "God I'm so nervous.." "Brittany, you'll do fine. You look... I can't even put it in to words." I smiled. "Thank you... now can we get on with it?" He nodded.

We made our way down stairs, where Matt and Charlie met us. We pulled in the black rolls Royce before paparazzi saw us. "I'm so as you guys are here." I said in the car. "Of course we are. We wouldn't miss it." I smiled. "I just wish Caroline was here...". "Ya.. But she has to take care of her family first."

We pulled up to the carpet. That's THE red carpet.... "I might just fall in my face.." "I won't let you, ready?" "Nope!" "Too bad no turning back now!" The door opened. Screaming fans everywhere. The doorman helped me out with my 6 inch heels. Which I now regret. Several screamed my name. I smiled and waved. Cameras soon surrounded us. Flashing like crazy. I'm so not used to this..

Kenny and the guys stood behind me as the car pulled away. We started walking down the carpet to Jake Miller for the interview.
"Well here she is in the flesh herself! Brittany Garcia!" he said in a mic as we approached. I smiled at him. "How are you tonight?" He asked after a quick hug. "I'm great! Excited.. a bit nervous, but ready!" "Glad to hear it, by the way you look....amazing! I'm a huge fan!" "Aw same. I listened to you growing up." I smiled at him. "Really?! Favorite song?" "Steven! Most defiantly!" He smiled.

He went on asking questions about the performance. After he hugged me, we walked into the building. Loads of people finding their way to their seats. So many artist walked around. Kenny, Matt, and Charlie all get to sit by me. Miley's in the row in front of us. And Ems behind.

We sat down, till Miley ran up. "Damn! look at you!!" She hugged me. "Don't look too bad yourself." We chatted a bit. Em came up. We all talked. We went through the whole plan again. They're gonna come out get me and Miley so we can present the award. Which I still don't know which one."

The whole room got dim. Everyone hurried to their seats. The show started.

3 hours in.

They came and got me and Miley. We got touched up. "Okay you two are up next," the sound guy said handing us the envelope. I looked at it. Best New upcoming Male Artist. "Who are the nominees for this?" I asked. Miley looked away as if she didn't hear me. The lady read off the list. I only heard one name..
"What!? No... I'm not.. what?" I looked to Miley. "You knew! Didn't you!?" "Sorry, we didn't know how to tell you!" "So having me find out 2 seconds before is better?" "You're on! Go!" The lady pushed us out.