2|Meeting the Royals

The car pulled up to the castle. Toni and her mother stepped out the car, the Queen greeted them at the front of the castle.

"Ah, Mrs. Topaz. It's a pleasure to meet you both." she shook the tan woman's hand, shaking Toni's hand next.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Esme, but call me as you please. This is my daughter Toni." Esme introduced.

Penelope smiled, "Of course, Hello Toni." she waved after shaking the girl's hand. Toni shakes her hand warily. She hates this already.

"If you'd like you can go meet my husband and daughter, they are right down the hall. Please escort them to the main hall." She told the guards. They complied, leading the guest to the main hall.

They entered the room. A red-headed man stood up, he had the most polite smile on his face. "Hello. I'm Clifford. This my daughter Cheryl Blossom." He shook their hands.

Toni sends her a small smile. She looked beautiful but broken. She can also tell that Cheryl didn't want this as much as she did.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Esme and this is my daughter Toni. You have a beautiful daughter." Esme complimented. He smiled kindly. "Thank you." He nodded, turning around to face his daughter.

She stood there, arms crossed with a pout. "Cheryl, come over here please." Her father said. Cheryl huffed, walking over to her dad.

"I'm Cheryl Blossom, you're soon to be queen, I don't like when things don't go my way so if I were you guys, I'd honestly just leave so... Toddles." the young blossom rolled her eyes.

Esme looked surprised. Clifford chuckled nervously, " I'm so sorry. Give us one second." He pulled his daughter away.

"Cheryl Marjorie Blossom! How dare you disrespect our guest. Your mother and I have had enough with your pouting. So please stop acting up and attempt to get along with her daughter. We need a Queen of Riverdale in 2 months and we can't do that if you're not married." Her dad scolded her in a whisper. Cheryl was used to him scolding her. Despite their relatively nice father/daughter relationship, he still put his foot down. While her mother, well, lets just say she is the good cop.

Cheryl let out a huff, nodding, "I got it, dad."

"Good. Now let's go." he gently pulled her back towards the Topazes.

"I'm so sorry about her." He apologized.

"It's fine. I have a sometimes moody daughter too." Esme laughed. He joined along.

"My wife should be joining us in a bit. Come sit, tell me about yourself." He said. Esme went to go chat with the king, Toni, and Cheryl stood there awkwardly.

Toni cleared her throat, "uh, sorry about the loss of your brother. I know how it feels to lose someone very close to you." Toni tried to break the ice.

Cheryl scoffed, rolling her eyes, " I don't need your fake pity." She spat. Toni frowned. Jesus, she was just trying to make small talk.

"Yeah. Got it." Toni sighed. Cheryl was taken by surprise, anybody else would put her in her place. But...Toni, Toni just let slide.

"Sorry about the delay! We can all move to the dining room now." Penelope smiled. Everyone got up and left the main hall, entering the dining room.

Toni sat next to her mom, Cheryl sat next to her also. The king and queen at the ends of the table. They settled down, starting to dig into the food.

"So, Toni tell me about yourself." Clifford smiled.

"Oh, uh, I work at an animal shelter, which you already know since I'm sure that background search went far." she shades.

"Toni!" Esme scolds above a whisper. She glares at her daughter and Toni buffs, rolling her eyes. "I also volunteer at sick children's hospital. My dad died from stage 4 colon cancer not too long ago and his passion was to help people in need, so I'm out living his passion, " Toni smiled.

Penelope smiled, " I'm sure your dad would be proud of you."

Toni smiled, looking down at her food. It was good. She actually liked it. Maybe because it was that rich people food.

Cheryl's heartbeat sped up. She's hot, helps sick kids, lost someone so close to her but is so kind, cares about the environment... I'm lucky. Cheryl thought to herself.

"Cheryl, dear, why don't you tell them about yourself," Penelope said.

She rolled her eyes, huffing, "I, uh, I love cherries, I could sing, I lost my brother and sister in law to a car accident. That's pretty much it." Cheryl said in a harsh tone. Penelope sent Cheryl a warning glare, Cheryl huffed again.

They ate their food, talked, and told stories. Once it was time for Toni and Esme to leave, they made them sign contracts.

"Please, take your time to read them, no rush." They assured.

Toni read hers. One sentence caught her eye. -You will move in next week, and attended a public outing with Cheryl Marjorie Blossom.-

Toni rolled her eyes at the sentence. She signed her name, handing the paper back to them.

Once her mom finished, they led them out.

"I'm so sorry about Cheryl's behavior toward you two. She's going through a rough time right now." Penelope apologized.

"It's fine. Toni was like that when her dad passed. She was so mad with the world. She would scream and act out every chance she got." Esme said. Clifford let out a sigh of relief that they weren't disturbed by their daughter's behavior.

"My wife will give you more details about the living arrangements." He said. Penelope nodded.

"Okay. It was nice meeting you guys. You are a lovely family." Esme said.

"Thanks." They said. Toni and her mother walked out.

"That woman is so kind." Penelope sighed. "I agree," Clifford said, walking behind his wife.

"Cheryl, dear, get down here!" Penelope yelled. Cheryl walked downstairs in her pajamas. "Yes, mom." Cheryl deadpanned.

"I don't like the way you behaved tonight. You embarrassed me and your father." Penelope scolded.

Cheryl looked down at her feet. "I'm sorry mom." she sighed. Cheryl may be rude and bitchy but she will never talk back or disrespect her parents.

"I know you are going through a rough time, but we are to, we are very stressed out. Your brother's funeral is coming up, your cotillion is coming up. We can't have you pouting over this and that, Cher, but we need you to cooperate with us." Clifford said.

"I understand. I'm sorry." Cheryl apologized.

"It's fine honey. Goodnight." Penelope sighed. Cheryl nodded, going back upstairs to her room.