7| Jason's Funeral

Toni woke up with a yawn. She slept good, It felt good to finally sleep in a bed.

Toni took in her surroundings, her eyes widened as she realized Cheryl was cuddled into her. She still had her arm around her protectively. Toni didn't know what to do because if she was to move Cheryl would wake up.

It was only 8 AM breakfast doesn't start until 9:30 so she had 1 and a half.

Toni felt herself grow hard from Cheryl's backside against her. Huffing, she gently placed a pillow between her and Cheryl's hips.

She sighed with relief when she made sure she didn't wake Cheryl up. She lay there staring at the ceiling just thinking.

Today was Jason's funeral. She knows that it's gonna be hard for Cheryl today. She wants to be there when the pale woman will need someone to lean on.

Cheryl started to stir in her sleep, she turned around, tucking her face in the crook of Toni's neck.

She opened her eyes. Toni's body tensed. Shit! She's up and she's gonna realize that she's cuddling her.

Toni's panicking calmed down as she felt Cheryl grab her hand and place it around her tighter.

"Are you okay?" Toni asked. Cheryl shook her head 'no'

"What's wrong?" she asked, pulling back so she can look at Cheryl.

Cheryl places her face back into Toni's neck, "Today is the day." was all Cheryl mumbled out

Toni sighed sadly as realization struck her. Like she said earlier it was Jason's funeral.

She just held Cheryl closer until it was time for breakfast.

After breakfast.

Toni and Cheryl got dressed in all black. Toni wore a black suit with a bow tie. Cheryl wore a black dress with lace on the front.

Cheryl was very sad, she frowned all-day. Toni tried making her laugh which worked.

Cheryl laughed and laugh until she couldn't anymore.

It was time for the service to start. All of Riverdale attended the funeral.

Esme smiled at Toni, "You look nice." she said, fixing Toni's bow tie.

"Thanks!" Toni smiled. Cheryl stood behind her, smiling at the interaction between the mother and daughter duo.

"You too, Cheryl." Esme smiled.

"Thank you." Cheryl smiled. Esme nodded.

Toni linked arms with Cheryl walking her to their seat.

They sat down with the Royals. Clifford smiled sadly as tears rolled down his cheeks. Cheryl gave him a huge hug, telling him it was alright.

The service started, and the king and queen went up to speak.

"Hey, As you know, Jason was the next to take the throne. Are we saddened by his and his wife, Sophia, sudden death? Yes, yes we are. This was a tragedy that happened to young, innocent souls. They didn't deserve this, they never deserved this. We will continue to live life to the fullest as Jason wished. He would always tell us to live life to the fullest don't let anything bring us down. And we will do as he wishes. I would like to thank everyone for coming." Clifford said, he sobbed. The guards helped him down from the podium.

It was now Cheryl's turn to speak. Toni smiled at her sympathetically.

"Can... Can you come up with me?" Cheryl asked. Toni nodded with a smile, interlacing their hands.