17: Worries.

Caleb was going to be sleeping in the spare room which meant that I would be spending my first night in the same bed as Brian. I went for a shower and then came back to his room. I quickly checked my phone, I had two missed calls from Dad and a text from Luke. 

I read Luke's text first: I'm so sorry Ri. Dad overheard Sam and I talking about you and Brian. I don't think he caught Brian's name. He confronted me about it and knows you are meeting "the guys" brother. He asked me who your boyfriend is but I told him that it's not my place to say. He seems upset to be the last one to know about it and is pretty mad that you, Jade and Kate lied to him.

"Everything alright?" Brian asked as he entered the room.

"Turns out we may need to tell Dad about us sooner than we thought" I gulped and handed my phone to him.

He read the message and handed back my phone, I could tell he was slightly worried too. "I'm sure that Luke will help us tell your Dad the story. It may not have been our plan to tell him soon but we need to now. Hopefully he at least gives us a chance until he grows accustomed to us being together" Brian said.

"What if he doesn't?" I questioned sadly.

"I don't know, but we'll work something out. I'm not giving up on you so easily. Not after everything we've been through to get here" He answered.

After another 10 minutes Brian went for a shower and came back bare chested and in a pair of tracksuit pants, it was a gorgeous sight, he was perfect in every way, his abs were showing. I was already in bed so I lifted the blanket and he climbed in beside me. Immediately taking me into his arms and holding me tight.

"Don't stress over this, tomorrow is a new day. Now get some rest" He comforted.

"I love you" I told him.

"I love you too. Goodnight beautiful" He said as he kissed the top of my head.

Just like that all my troubles faded, at least temporarily and I felt totally at ease, cuddled up with my head on Brian's chest listening to his heart beat. I fell asleep there feeling utterly content.