22: Dad's Trial Promotion.

The smell of bacon and eggs spread around the house so I went to investigate the source of the great smell. I found Dad cooking the bacon in a very cheerful mood.

"Morning Dad" I greeted as Luke entered the room.

"Good morning you two. Grab a plate" Dad ordered as he put the bacon onto the last of three rolls he had set out on plates.

Luke raised a questioning brow at me and I shrugged in response. "What has you so cheerful?" Luke asked with a big smile. Dad's happiness was rather contagious.

"I got a call from work this morning and I have a trial promotion. It's the job I have always wanted" Dad shared.

"That's great!" I exclaimed.

"If I get the job I'll be raking in double my current wage" Dad announced.

"That's a huge boost! Is it the executive position?" Luke questioned.

"It is" Dad nodded.

"I thought that the executive here decided to stay?" I asked.

"They did, that's the one issue. This position is in another town and it is a few hours away, six to be exact" Dad said.

"Six hours? We'll be moving? What about our friends?" I remarked.

"I know it's far away but you can still see them. Plus that's IF I get the job. In the mean time I have my month long trial. The company is only offering me a one bedroom apartment during the trial, if all goes well then I'll be looking at buying a house" Dad informed.

"So we stay here for the month?" Luke asked.

"In the town yes, I'd rather you have supervision until I get home though so I was thinking you could stay at one of your friends places" Dad explained.

"I'll see if I can stay with Sam" Luke nodded.

"I'll make calls and see where I can stay" I said.

So after breakfast that's just what I done. I called the whole group, excluding Matt and even called Jade. Luke was allowed to spend the whole month with Sam but no one could offer me a place for more than a few nights at a time so I'd probably have to work out a roster.

There was a knock on my door and I looked up to see Dad "Find anyone yet?" He questioned as he sat down on my bed.

I shook my head "Not entirely. I've contacted the main group and Jade, none of them can have me stay the whole time but I can swap between houses".

"What about Brian?" Dad asked.

"You wouldn't mind?" I beamed.

"Why would I?" He laughed slightly.

"Well you're still getting used to Brian and I being together. I was worried that you would think we were becoming too serious" I shrugged.

"Brian is a good guy, I trust that he'll take care of you. I think that the two of you will make the right decisions and be safe when the time comes" He responded.

"When the time comes we'll be sure to use protection" I promised.

"Good, well I do believe you have a call to make" Dad commented.

Just then I received a text. It was Brian: Meet me at the Lake by the entrance to the forest in 10 minutes. We're having a picnic!

"A call isn't needed, I just got informed that Brian and I are having lunch together. Care to give me a lift to the lake?" I asked Dad.

"Certainly" Dad responded.

I quickly sent Brian a text saying: On my way, Dad is dropping me off.   

Dad dropped me off at the lake and as I walked towards the forest entrance I had to pass the skate park where I noticed Matt was hanging out with some of his friends. I pulled my hood up over my head and looked at the ground as I increased my pace, hoping he hadn't seen me. The last thing I wanted was for him to notice me.

I reached the forest but couldn't see Brian which was understandable as it could still be seen rather easily from the walking track so I continued on. I got pulled into a clump of trees making me screech with surprise right before Brian's lips met my own in a loving kiss.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" We heard someone shout behind us. Startled we both turned around to see Matt standing there with his mouth wide open. "Brian is the guy you love?!" He was pretty angry.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"I saw you walking by yourself so I followed you to see if you wanted to come hang out with the guys and I. But I see you already have plans" He stated.

"Let us explain" Brian pleaded.

"No, I'm done hearing explanations for things that are clear to see. The only thing to say here is that I was wrong about both of you. I thought you were above school girl crushes Riley, and Mr. Raux I thought it was great how you ignored all the interest the girls showed in you" Matt shook his head.

"Please Matt it isn't what you think" I said.

"It's exactly what I think! You're lucky I care about you Riley otherwise I'd take this to the school council but I want you to be happy. Even if it is wrong" Matt sighed and he walked away, head hung low.

"Matt!" I called out after him. He didn't turn around so I went to go after him but Brian grabbed my hand.

"Leave him be" Brian said. I turned to hug him and nodded into his chest.

Even with Matt catching us the picnic was very nice and enjoyable. There was just something about being with Brian that made me cheerful even when things were going badly. He made my troubles fade away.

"There's something important I need to ask you" I informed.

"Oh?" Brian simply asked.

"Dad has a trial promotion next week. He's going to be out of town for a month and wants us to stay with somebody. So I was wondering if I could spend it with you?" I questioned.

"If it's alright with your Dad then it's fine with me. I'd love to have you stay with me for a while" Brian agreed joyfully.

"He is the one who suggested that I ask you" I smiled.   

The rest of our date was spent with us both in ecstatic moods, we would soon have a whole month to spend together, and neither of us could wait for it.