c h a p t e r. 1

"The best way to not get your heart broken, is pretending you don't have one."
― Charlie Sheen

chapter 1

For a long time now, Bar Red decided that he just fucking hates people.

It was an easy decision really, one that Bar didn't find hard to hang onto, and it turned into menacing glares and constant wicked smirks that reminded everyone just how bad the delinquent could truly be.

For example, when he walked into the Montgomery High School's office, the secretary gave him a fearful and disgusted look.

This resulted in Bar just scoffing and plopping into the uncomfortable waiting room's chair, kicking his feet onto the table, and raising his arm to give the cubby lady the bird in such a blatant manner that showed how little he actually cared.

"Um," A soft, squeaky voice laughed out nervously. God, that laugh is attractive, Bar instantly thought. "Why are y-you flipping me off?"

Bar popped one eye open, and did a double-take at the girl in front of me, his crooked smirk almost falling off.

The girl's hair is an almost black shade of brown but it was a good color on her, it being slightly wavy too. Her face has a puppy dog look to it, a look that screams kindness, even if she seemed nervous.

But that's not what Bar noticed first.

He noticed the smooth, but obvious, white jagged scar that went straight from the middle of her chin and slanted to the side before going up and cross her nose, traveling over her left eyelid and brow before disappearing under her hairline. He blinked again and noticed that it went down her throat too.

It was a scar, one that Bar was insanely curious about, but it wasn't unsightly or ugly.

Bar knew a thing or two about scars and hers was beautiful— she went through something painful and survived.

He just hoped it wasn't too painful.

But he knows scars of violence don't just leave an imprint on the body but one on the mind too.

Besides, it didn't disturb her face's shape in any way other than distorting her skin color slightly.

Bar's eyes moved to her nose that was slightly too small on her face but in a cute way, and it was a little crooked, meaning it was broken at some point. The top of it was bright red in embarrassment and the rush of blood easily showed on her pale looking skin.

Her cheeks were covered in dark freckles that were covering the spaces underneath her eyes, over the bridge of her nose, and a couple on her forehead too. Bar even noticed one below her soft, pink, and kissable looking lips.

Fuck.

He wanted to kiss those lips.

The girl was fucking gorgeous.

If she was a girl— Bar wasn't sure.

To him, she looked like a goddamn Goddess.

Bar glanced up from her lips, his smirk growing bigger at her hazel eyes. They were clear, like mint but not quite, a darker but soft brown mixed flawlessly into the orbs giving her iris' a glowing effect.

His eyes trailed lower from hers, not caring that she knew that Bar was checking her out. His logic was, well, she's attractive, so why the fuck shouldn't she know that he thought so?

Her voluminous body was well built, Bar could barely help himself from trying to memorize her curves with his eyes.

She was a little plump for her pixie stature but it only made Bar want her more. He didn't like the tooth-pick like girls at his school, they always seemed to be bags of bones but her— she was tangible.