c h a p t e r. 18

"I felt like an animal, and animals don't know sin do they?"
—Jesse C. Scott

chapter 18

When they got to the party, it was already in full swing.

The large, almost secluded house seemed to be shaking with music, and Bar could already see drunk teens making out, throwing up, or being obviously stupid in the front and side yard.

Some guy was yelling on the phone, another was in a screaming match with some chick, and Bar's anxiety instantly went up.

His instincts wanted him to get right between that guy and the girl and pull her away― to make sure that both of them would just calm down so no one wanted to hurt someone else or get hurt.

But Bar didn't, knowing they wouldn't like him getting into their business and he didn't care enough to deactivate their tension.

Besides, he had his little goddess that he needed to be worried about.

Not some screaming couple.

Eli slinked away with Law as soon as they got to the party— wanting to find someone to get their beds warm for a single night.

Law was celebrating his breakup in the form of one night stands and getting insensibly drunk.

Bar was grateful that he broke up with his girlfriend, that woman was a bitch and made Law unhappy.

Fen and Gus were talking to Conway and Obsidian was off to the side and looked like he was scolding Clementine.

Bar really didn't want to intrude on his girl's privacy but he didn't like seeing how angry her brother looked, either.

He was leaning on his '68 when his eyes caught a flash of pink that accidentally bumped into Clementine.

Bar tensed and snapped, "Watch it."

Then that same girl with bright pink hair turned to Bar and pounced on him, literally.

Her arms were around his neck and her legs wrapped around his waist and— Bar hated it.

It took everything within him not to fucking shove the bitch off of him. His whole body was just repulsed that someone just... jumped on him without even a consideration that he might not want to be touched.

Which, for the record, he didn't.

"What the fuck!" Bar bellowed, ripping the girl off of him by her waist. "Who the hell do you think you are, you crazy—"

"Love you too, you brick of stupid." The girl chirped and just like that, Bar's whole mood changed.

"Lils!" Bar grinned happily and pulled her closer, wrapping her in a big hug as he recognizes one of the very few people he is able to trust. "What the hell are you doing here? You're supposed to be in a different state, wanker."

"I know." Lilith, the pink-haired girl, smirked back at him, pinching Bar's cheeks. "Aw, did poor little Bary babe miss me?"

"No." Bar snapped, now getting his excitement relied in. "Why would I miss a bitch like you?"

She glares at him, her smokey eyes deadly.

It's then Gus sees her.

"Oh, my cheese!" The goof shouts, eyes widening as a smile so wide it nearly stretched across his entire face broke out. Next to him, Fen looked startled by the outburst. "Lilith! You're here!"

"Hey, Cinderella." Lilith affectionately slapped Bar lightly on the face before striding over to Gus and pulling him in a hug, she always said the goof was her cinderella and she was the fairy godmother— just because she could. "Miss me, babe?