c h a p t e r. 13

"The problem with fairy tales isn't that they don't exist. It's that they do exist, but only for some people."
—Lauren Oliver

chapter 13

The entire ride to the ice cream shop was full of Clementine rattling off her favorite flavors in a shakier than normal voice, Bar knew that her stuttering got worse with any raised emotion, and her contemplating what she was going to get.

Bar loved hearing her talk, it was comforting. Besides, the little goddess had a beautiful voice.

It wasn't long before Bar and Clementine were out of the shop and sitting in the school's parking lot, perched next to his car and outside of the school's cafeteria with cups of ice cream in their hands and poking fun at each other by playing confessions.

Confessions is a game where whatever the person asked, the other had to answer truthfully without lying and they only had three passes— and the other couldn't retaliate against the other's answer but could ask a follow-up question.

"Stupidest t-thing you ever did by accident, go," Clementine said, popping her cookies and cream flavored ice cream covered spoon into her mouth.

She got four giant scopes while Bar only got two, and he warned her not to eat that much too fast but the little goddess was having a hard time listening.

Bar had a sneaking suspicion she wouldn't feel good in a little while and that she wouldn't be hungry for lunch.

Two things he didn't like.

"Being born." Bar said, without missing a beat. He took a bite of his own strawberry and vanilla ice cream and finished it. "Most embarrassing memory?"

"I fell down a, a flight of stairs in front of m-my homeroom teacher and then, then got my period in the middle of h-her class without noticing."

"Ouch." Bar winced, remembering how utterly mortified Law's last ex was when she bleed through her pants. "If that happens again, just find me, okay? I always have an extra jacket in my locker that you could wrap around your waist and this small bag thingy with pads and tampons in it that I keep in my bag."

"What?" Clementine looked thoroughly confused. "Why do y-you have those with you?"

"My sister," Bar shrugged. "She's really shy about those girly things since she started so early and the last time she got her period when we were out somewhere and didn't have anything, we had to go into the store to buy some and she was so embarrassed. I just want to be prepared."

"You, sir," Clementine said, looking up at Bar in an expression he couldn't understand. "Are literally t-the best big brother ever."

"Uh." Bar could feel the heat creeping up his neck and he ducked his head. "Thanks?"

"Welcome, Mr. Rosey c-cheeks." Clementine giggled, poking his dimple making Bar scowl. "Cute date idea?"

Seeing a way to get back at the little goddess, Bar smirks.

"I tie you up and slowly... deeply... and sensually force orgasms out of you, till your soul leaves your body and you lose count."

Clementine's spoon was hanging lip in her mouth, her minty eyes widened and cheeks a dusty red that just allowed her freckles to show.

That was until Bar winked and she gave him the stink eye.

"I know you're trying to show me that I'm being a meanie by making you blush," Bar said. "But I also know you like me being a meanie and you look so fucking cute that that expression cancels itself out."