c h a p t e r. 16

"To be rejected by someone doesn't mean you should also reject yourself or that you should think of yourself as a lesser person. It doesn't mean that nobody will ever love you anymore. Remember that only ONE person has rejected you at the moment, and it only hurt so much because to you, that person's opinion symbolized the opinion of the whole world, of God."
—Jocelyn Soriano

chapter 16

It was Friday, the unfortunate day before Bar reluctantly agreed to hang out at the park with his and Clementine's friends before going to a party.

A stupid, drunkard-filled, sweaty bodied, noisy party.

Bar knew that, now, the little goddess made him officially go insane.

Why else would he agree to leave his comfortable apartment— the place where all his books are at?

Commitments sucked sometimes.

Clementine and him were walking to Bar's car.

School just ended and they were eager for the afternoon of peace that the couple had planned, an afternoon of cuddling and bad movies and junk food.

Bar watched the little goddess as she talked passionately, and adorably, about a new show she started to watch.

The wind was blowing her hair around her head like silky smoke, her cheeks had a light blush that complimented her skin tone, freckles, and scar. Her long sleeve was dorky but cute with little dinosaurs on them and her black skirt made Bar want to do some... indecent things.

Clementine, in total, looked breathtaking and gorgeous and he really wanted to press her against one of these cars and kiss the hell out of her but, for both of their dignities, he refrained.

Bar seemed to refrain himself a lot around her.

Which he didn't mind but it was definitely showing just how good he was at restraining himself.

The little goddess blinked over at him, finally noticing that Bar's dark eyes were locked onto her figure, and she wrinkled her nose. Minty eyes meeting his and he let his lips full into a wicked grin.

With relaxed features Clementine returned the look with a soft smile, "Why are y-you looking at me like that, grumpy?"

Bar sighed at the nickname that she oh so loved to call him and answered, "You're just really... pretty."

Translation: I'm having trouble handling the sheer level of your beauty in this moment. It's taking every ounce of willpower I possess to keep from pouncing on you and devouring you to the point that you'll have to call in sick tomorrow to recover from how thoroughly I want to worship your body.

"Are y-you complimenting me or, or flirting?" Clementine asks, cheeks a light pink.

A smirk tugs at Bar's lips, taking over the grin in a devilish manner.

"Complimenting you, sweetheart. If I was flirting, you'd be redder."

Clementine gives him the stink eye and goes to retaliate but pauses.

Her gaze latches onto something else and her focus drained away easily, the reaction making the brute tense slightly.

Bar follows her line of sight and forces his features into a calm indifference when he sees an extremely nervous looking Fen walking towards them.

Great, Bar thought. She probably wants to talk about the fucking goof.

The little goddess looked between her best friend and Bar, minty eyes thick with emotion.