c h a p t e r. 49

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
― Dr. Seuss

chapter 49

Senior year ended with ease.

Bar hadn't felt this alive his entire life and he was enjoying all the small freedoms he had without his father.

He was enjoying just... being himself with people who loved and accepted him.

Graduation was a small event, their finishing class was only about two-hundred kids. The town was small and almost everybody was there to see the seniors off into the real world.

Bar was able to graduate with a 3.6 GPA an 1500 score on his SAT.

Colleges from all over welcomed him. With a scholarship that he won and with Clementine's help, he could do whatever or go wherever he wanted.

He just hadn't found out what that was yet-- but he was thinking about going into art school.

The little goddess herself decided that she was going into neuropsychology but would continue her dancing and choreography alongside the practice.

All she really wanted to do was find new ways to help people, though.

Gus had gotten accepted into Harvard with a full scholarship to go along with Yale and Princeton. The goof was a genius and the world was recognizing that for once.

He wasn't sure what he wanted to do either, but he was almost certain that he wanted to become a Vet.

Fen wanted to become a Lawyer and got accepted into Harvard, she was more than excited to get college over with.

Law was going to school to become a math teacher and Elijah was going to the same university for an English degree.

They hoped that, in the future, they could work in the same school.

The summer heat wasn't holding back it's punches, making everyone sweat as they tried to fend off the sun's rays.

Clementine and Bar had planned a two-week long retreat to her family's cabin that was off of a lake.

They could swim, go for a hike, see the stars at night and so many other beautiful things while out in nature.

The sunsets from the cabin's porch were one of the most enchanting things Bar had ever seen.

It made him instantly want to capture the scene forever-- but when he had glanced over at Clementine and saw how the light was dancing across her body, he knew that he'd rather have a lovely memory of her instead.

They had spent the first couple of days lazing around and enjoying nature or the solitude that the cabin gave them.

The fifth day they decided that they were going to go on a hike, so they did. Bar was annoyed a little by branches that kept whacking him in the head, the ones that Clementine's short stature let her avoid.

And the little goddess kept being bothered by this one bee who thought the designs on her combat boots were flowers.

But overall, they had fun.

When they got back to the cabin, Clementine went to take a shower while Bar washed up real quick before he started to make dinner.

They had Persephone and Hades, Clementine's dogs, with them at the cabin so after Bar was done making him and the little goddess food, he set out food for them too.

"Oly!" Clementine uncharacteristically yells from the living room, voice carrying over the cabin's soft music and loud silence. "I-I need your help, don't freak out!"