c h a p t e r. 32

People adore monsters. They fill their songs and stories with them. They define themselves in relation to them. You know what a monster is, young shade? Power. Power and choice. Monsters make choices. Monsters shape the world. Monsters force us to become stronger, smarter, better. They sift the weak from the strong and provide a forge for the steeling of souls. Even as we curse monsters, we admire them. Seek to become them, in some ways." Her eyes became distant. "There are far, far worse things to be than a monster.”
― Jim Butcher

I'm sorry for the sadness of last chapter and I'm sorry to whoever I made cry!! I hate what happened to Bar :((
This chap will have a cute ending, I promise.
I'm just happy that Clementine was there for him and she was able to tell him how important he is.
Everyone deserves to know that they matter.
Love you all!!

chapter 32

The couple was walking out to Bar's '68 right after school ended, the brute's arm thrown over Clementine's shoulders, him being careful of his still healing wrists.

When Law and Gus found out about Bar hurting himself, they supported him in getting clean again and they didn't judge him.

They didn't tell him what he did was wrong-- they just comforted him like the good best friends that they were.

"I own every part of you, and you know it." Bar smirked down at Clementine, them being mid-argument which was more flirtatious than anything else. "But it still sends a tingle down my spine when I hear you say it."

"Hmph."

"Don't hmph at me babygirl, or I'll make you wet in multiple ways and lick the sweat and other things right off of you."

"Oly!" Clementine scolded, giggling. "That's gross."

She wasn't saying that the other night when it was actually happening.

"Come on, baby," Bar gives her a slow, sensual smirk before leaning forward. He takes her earlobe into his warm mouth before gently tugging, earning him a shaky inhale. "If I'm the one making your back arch— if I'm the reason sweat drips off of you, it's only right and fair that I clean you up and lick it off."

"You're a m-mean boyfriend for making me go all blushy."

"No, I'm a boyfriend who likes to flirt with his gorgeous girlfriend." Bar corrected. "Completely different."

"What?" An angry voice blurted out from behind them. "What do you mean boyfriend?"

The couple paused and turned just at the bend of the school's wall to find Conway, bewildered and eyes wide, staring at them.

Clementine shared a confused look with Bar before she replied, "We're t-together, didn't you know?"

"You're his?" The brunette bastard laughed and Bar wanted to punch him then and there. "Wow! Didn't expect that."

"Why n-not?" The little goddess frowned. "It was obvious that we, that we liked each other."

"I thought you were just playing around with him." Conway eyed Bar up and down then scoffed. "I mean look at him! He's the town's beast!"

"So what?" Clementine countered. "He's perfect the way he is and h-he's not the town's beast. He's my beast."

"Well, I thought you'd be my girl." Conway, being a jealous bastard, spat out. "Doesn't he know how to treat you? On a leash, not letting that mouthy attitude of yours to slip out, bitch?"

Bitch. He called Clementine a bitch. That fucker called his goddess a bitch.

Dead.

Conway was going to be dead by the end of the day... Law and Gus would help him hide the body.