c h a p t e r. 44

"But perhaps the monsters needed to look out for each other every now and then."
― Sarah J. Maas

Y'all... Gus' book... It's called Augustine's Sanity... And... It's published already... Maybe... Like... Go check it out?

Please and thank you :D))
-me and my double chin

chapter 44

Spring break was upon them and the group decided to have a game day together at Clementine's mansion before they all separated to their own vacations.

Law is going to buy a plane ticket and visit Lilith, then meet up with Eli later.

Gus is going to help out at as many dog shelters as he could in two weeks before going to the arcade to try and beat Fen in all of the games on the last day of the break.

Eli is going to Florida with his parents, which he didn't like but wouldn't complain because he was able to go to Disneyland with his boyfriend.

All of them were in Gus' SUV Equinox and were on their way to set up the games.

Bar was driving, Clementine was next to him and everyone else was in the middle seats or the back.

Gus and Fen had been arguing about philosophical questions for the good part of the drive before the fiery girl got too frustrated and focused on her music instead.

"I have come to the conclusion that if I didn't think, I'd be much fucking happier." Bar grumbled, watching as the light turned from green to red and he pressed down on the breaks to ease to car into a stopping position.

"That's pretty much everyone else too," Law informs him, making the brute roll his eyes.

"Not me," Gus chirps. "I don't think."

Bar chuckles and rolls his eyes for a second time while Clementine giggled and told the goof that she didn't quite think that was true, causing the best friends to argue.

Finally, after the nerd and Gus stopped verbally attacking each other, the goof quickly tries to convince everyone to play I-Spy with him and, reluctantly, Eli and Law agree.

"I spy with my little eye something with the letter S!" Gus exclaims.

Fen gives him a quick kiss before closing her eyes and putting her earbuds into place, quickly getting lost to the world.

Eli, giving into the goof's puppy dog eyes, guesses, "Sunshine?"

"Nope."

"Signs?"

"Nada."

"Streets?"

"Nah-sha-la-la."

He glances between a flirting Bar and Clementine, "Sexual tension?"

Bar smirks and, overhearing the conversation and takes his eyes off the road for half a second to glance at the little goddess, "Hear that, babygirl? We have sexual tension."

"N-no, you just have too much fun flirting."

"It's not my fault you're so beautiful while blushing." Bar retaliated.

Clementine poked her tongue out at him and Bar rolled his eyes in response before focusing back on the road.

"I got a pet snake," Law randomly announces. "What should I name him?"

Bar scowls, "You got a wha—"

"William Snakespeare," Gus blurts.

"Oh my God, you're so fucking stupid," Fen exclaimed, grabbing Gus by his collar and pulling him forward and planted a kiss right on his lips.