c h a p t e r. 19

"Kiss someone like kissing is the only way you have to communicate. There is no conversation. There is no sex. There are only two sets of lips that are ravenous to be recognized and treasured."
― Roberto Hogue

chapter 19

After being consistently asked and promised that there was nothing wrong with it— and with the brute threatening Val that he lied, there'd be hell to pay— Bar drank the water in one large gulp, noting that it oddly tasted like salt but didn't think much of the flavor.

Bar knew it was probably a bad decision.

But if something did happen to him, Bar knew that his friends wouldn't let anything happen to him.

And neither would his little goddess.

That knowledge didn't make Bar feel any better after seeing the small, and rather creepy, smirk Valence got after he downed the liquid in one go.

He didn't mention it, he just continued the game.

Bar dared Law to lick Lils on the check, which he did, and then game went around until it was back to Val.

The arrogant bastard leaned towards Clementine and Bar, eyes fixed on the little goddess.

Right then, Bar wanted nothing more than to make him look away.

His fists were itching to be used.

"So, Clems—"

"My n-name is Clementine." She said, tone a bit harder than usual. "Only people who are, who are m-my friends give me nicknames."

Bar wondered why she was a little more snappy but honestly couldn't blame her, Valence seemed to be getting on everyone's last nerve.

"Right, Clementine," He emphasized her name. "Truth or dare?"

"T-truth."

"Are you straight?" Valence asked.

Clementine shakes her head, "I'm, um, I'm bi."

"Oo, want to have a threesome with my girlfriend and me?"

Fucking creep is asking for a death wish.

"Why?" The little goddess asks. "Can't satisfy her on y-your own?"

Everyone hoots and laughs as Valence flushes a deep red in embarrassment, even his ears going a light pink.

Bar smirks and kisses Clementine on her nose, "You're hot when you're feisty."

The little goddess giggles and then rolls her eyes with a small thank you.

"Red, um... It's Red, right?" The timid guy,  Damaris, asked. Bar nodded. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare." Bar said, hands squeezing Clementine's hips softly.

"I dare you to go one room over and stay in there for ten minutes. It being completely dark and with one person of your choosing."

Bar shrugs, "Okay."

Compared to the shit that a lot of people would've dared him to do, that ain't nothing bad.

"Who're taking with you, babe?" Lils asks.

"Who do you think, dumbass?"

"The girl?"

Girl? Try goddess.

"Spot fucking on," Bar said, helping Clementine stand up before following her lead. He smooths down her wild curls for a second before looking her in the eyes. "You okay with going in there with me, babygirl?"