c h a p t e r. 3

"We die a little every day and by degrees we're reborn into different men, older men in the same clothes, with the same scars."
― Mark Lawrence

chapter 3

"Oly," Clementine whined. Bar couldn't hold in his loud chuckles and they floated around the library without regard for the books and librarians that were well accustomed to silence. "Stop it!"

"Stop what?" He smirked. "Stop wanting to kiss you, touch you? Can't happen. Sorry, no, didn't I say that I want to bend you over the table and rip off every piece of clothing that was on your fuckable body, was that it? Shit, sorry again. Those were my thoughts, I just said that I wanted to slam you against the door and make out."

"No," She narrows those gorgeous as fuck eyes at him and Bar couldn't help but make his smirk widen. The pretty little goddess is copping an attitude towards him and he loved it. "Stop flirting so c-crudely."

The bell rings for their lunch period and both stand, grab their bags and Clementine's books without ever breaking the silent stare down. One, of course, with an adorable pout and the other with an overly cocky look in his eyes.

"Crudely?" Bar leans towards her as they make their way out of the library. He looks at her and then the quickly filling hallway. With a frown, he positions his body slightly behind hers, so no one could bump into her and watches as her minty eyes look at him as he speaks. "I am not flirting with you crudely, sweetheart. Flirting with you crudely would be telling you every last dirty detail about how I could press you against that wall right there," He pauses to point to the tall bricked wall to their right. "And fill the space between your thighs quite nicely. What I am doing, however, is telling you very damn simply about my carnal desires, babygirl."

Clementine's pout deepened and although Bar wanted to kiss it away, the blush that followed only made him want to tease her more.

Besides, it wasn't his fault that she was so god damn cute.

"Okay then be, be nicer while flirting." She said, well, commanded. But Bar would gladly hand over control to the little goddess. "And t-telling me that you want to... do those, those t-things isn't nice!"

"Is that really what you want me to do, sweetheart?" He asks, shoving back a boy who got too close before continuing like nothing happened while Clementine apologized for him. "Be nice, flirt less. All that unfun shit."

"No," She shook her head, making Bar raise an eyebrow. "Well, yes b-but you don't have to, uh, y-you don't have to stop flirting."

"Why?" A wicked grin tugged against his lips. "Do you like it?"

A small blush sparked against her features, it was such a light pink that it didn't even threaten to swallow her freckles whole. Looking at her, Bar didn't know whether he liked this shy, dulled down blush more than the full-blown, mega-red one.

Probably the full-blown one.

This was a sweet blush... but that, that let him know that her heart was racing and that she just might be affected by him as he was by her.

"You're a m-meanie," She said. "But yes. I, I like it."

Surprised at the admission, Bar couldn't stop the barely noticeable blush that climbed onto his skin. At that moment, Bar was more than grateful for his Italian-Latino heritage that made his skin dark enough that the pink on his cheeks would go undetected. She liked it? Did that mean she was attracted to—

"Don't l-look so smug, Oly." Clementine turned slightly towards him and poked his chest. "Or I won't tell you what I, what I like in the future."

"You give me a lot of ultimatums when I'm smug." Bar grumbled, turning the smirk into a scowl.