CHAPTER THREE

When we arrive I sneak her through my window, going quietly as possible

When we arrive I sneak her through my window, going quietly as possible. When she tried to hop inside, she falls, making a loud thud inside my house.

"Shit, shit, shit." I curse.

"Liz, are you home?" I hear my mom ask from somewhere in the house.

"Yeah!" I shout, my eyes bulging out of my head.

"Okay, go to bed soon please."

"Okay, mom! Night!"

I lock my door, opening up my closet. Behind my closet door, was another door, that lead to a big space where I sometimes hang out. I cover a spot with blankets and pillows, and put a water bottle next to it. I show her the bathroom in my room, and how to get in and out of the closet, before she sits down in the makeshift bed, smiling faintly.

"Goodnight, Ten," I smile softly, "Try not to be loud, okay? I don't want my parents to hear you."

She nods, before unscrewing the cap of her water bottle slowly, pouring it onto her hand.

I don't question it as I get up, ready to leave the hidden room, but when I glance over my shoulder I see the water from her hand floating, before it plops into Ten's mouth.

I nearly faint at the sight, rushing over to the girl's side, "What was that?"

Ten tilts her head in confusion, blood slowly dripping down her nose as I repeat, "What was that? Did you just make the water float?"

She nods and I look over my shoulder, before whispering, "How?"

She shrugs, pouring more on her hand and focusing on the liquid before a blob of water springs up, floating over and into Ten's mouth.

More blood drips down her nose but she wipes it, and my eyes widen as I stare at the water bottle, before looking to the teen, "What the-"

I could hear the knob of my bedroom door jiggling, before my mom's quiet voice speaks, "Liz, are you awake? Why's your door locked?"

I spring into action, placing the blanket over Ten and holding a finger to my lips before creeping out of the hidden room, out of my closet, and to my door. I unlock it, and immediately it whips open.

"I thought you were going to sleep." My mom says, although it sounds like a question.

"I am." I alleged.

"With your lights on? You said you hate sleeping with them on," My mom raises her eyebrows, catching onto my lie.

"I usually do," I back up, "I just wanted to try something new; experiment."