CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

"Me, too

"Me, too." Hopper sighs.

"I-"

"Me, too, Joyce, okay? But how do we do that? We don't exactly know what we're dealing with here." Hop cuts her off.

"No. But he does," Mike states, walking towards the boy that was laying on the couch, "If anyone knows how to destroy this thing, it's Will. He's connected to it. He'll know it's weaknesses."

"I thought we couldn't trust him anymore. That he's a spy for the mind flayer now." Max reasons.

"Yeah, but he cant spy if he doesn't know where he is." Mike retorts.

|

We come up with a plan. We were going to empty out the shed and cover it so he has absolutely no clue what the place was. They were going to try to contact Will, but we didn't know how yet.

Dustin, Lucas, and I were going through the trash to see if we could find anything useful.

Lucas tips the bin upside down, the trash spilling onto the ground in front of me.

The three of us crouch down, going through the contents.

"Hey," Dustin says, gaining our attention, "I'm-I'm sorry about Dart and all. I guess I just thought that he was my friend. I was wrong," I frown, continuing to rummage through the trash, "I broke the rule of law, so if you want Lucas' girlfriend to take over my spot in the party, I understand."

"She's not my girlfriend." Lucas denies, letting out a chuckle.

"I saw you two holding hands in the bus, Lucas." Dustin sighs.

"She was just scared," Lucas reasons, "You and Lizzie were holding onto each other, too."

He looks down, "But I could feel it between you guys."

"Feel what?" Lucas and I exchange looks.

"The electricity." Dustin states, walking away after grabbing the things he had picked out.

"Electricity?" I ask, picking up a cereal box.

He only sighs, shaking his head.

|

After what felt like hours of covering the shed top to bottom in whatever we could find, Will was tied to a pole in the shed, Mike, Joyce, Jonathan, and Hopper in there with him while the rest of us had to stay in the house.

Steve was swinging his bat around in the living room, while I hung upside down on the couch, watching him, "Steve, you're doing it wrong."

"Quiet." He scolds, continuing to heave the bat around aimlessly.

"I need advice." I state, trying to get back up, but I end up falling to the ground.

Steve chuckles, watching as I struggle to get up, before starting to swing the bat again, "Go on."