CHAPTER ELEVEN

The girls had towels wrapped around them, leaning on each other's shoulders, as Mike, Lucas, Dustin and I sat with them on the bleachers, waiting for the next direction

After Nancy, Jonathan, and the adults had dispersed, we were left sitting there in silence.

Mike checks his watch, letting out a sigh and standing up, yelling for the teens as he walks out of the school.

He comes back in, "They're gone."

"What?" Lucas asks.

"Nancy and Jonathan," Mike specifies, "His cars gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin reasons.

"Gross." Lucas moans.

"Ew, no, Dustin. At least, not at a time like this." I shake my head.

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin questions.

"I don't know." Mike shrugs.

"No." El denies.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" Mike interrogates.

"Yes." Eleven answers.

"Where? Where did they go?" Mike queries.

"To demogorgan." Ten cuts in.

|

"Guys, guys! This is crazy," Mike exclaims as the boys stand in a group, and I rub the two tired girls' backs, "We can't just wait around."

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." Lucas reasons.

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is." Dustin adds.

"They can find them." Mike motions his hands towards Eleven and Ten.

"Mike, look at them," Dustin points his hands to the two exhausted girls, "I still think we should stick to the chief's plan."

"Exactly. We stay here, keep El and Ten out of sight and keep 'em safe," Lucas explains, "That's the most important thing, remember? Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan."

"Yeah, and she's kinda a badass now so..." Dustin trails, making his point and spinning around, making his way to the gym doors.

"Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike shouts.

"I am. I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit." Dustin responds.

"Are you serious?" Mike yells.

"El needs to be recharged!" Dustin retorts, throwing up his shoulders in a shrug.

Lucas runs after him as I stand up, making eye contact with Mike, both of us sighing deeply.