CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I spray on my perfume, before hurrying out of my room

"No costume?" My mom asks, "I thought Mike said to wear a costume?"

"Mike's dumb," I reply, putting butter on my bread, "Nobody's wearing a costume to school except them."

"And you're not gonna tell them not to?" My mom questions, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Tried," I shrug, "They don't listen to me. They think I just don't want to be seen with them while they're wearing those outfits."

Mom only shakes her head, smiling a bit as she walks away, most likely to her room.

After eating, I jog outside and hop on my bike, riding it down to school.

I pass by the Wheeler residence, at the perfect time, just when Mike was waving goodbye to his mom from the sidewalk.

"Liz!" He cheers, waving excitedly over to me. His mouth immediately drops to a frown and he sighs, "Where's your costume?"

"In my room." I answer with a smug grin.

"Why aren't you wearing it? You're gonna mess up the whole coordination!" Mike exclaims.

"I'll be wearing it tonight, no need to worry, Venkman." I chuckle, just as Lucas joins us, and soon Dustin as well.

The whole ride consisted of the boys either humming or belting out the lyrics to the Ghostbusters theme song, and at some parts I would sing too.

"Who you gonna call?" The boys chorused as we all stuffed our bikes on the bike rack.

"Ghostbusters!" Will finishes, and we all turn to see the beaming boy.

We all greet each other, and I give Will a small look of pity, remembering the paper that was left in his locker.

"Venkman!" Will greeted Lucas.

"Woah! Woah!" Mike stepped in, making us all look at him in confusion, waiting for him to elaborate.

"What?" Lucas asks.

"Why are you Venkman?" Mike questions Lucas.

"Because I'm Venkman." Lucas states in a obvious tone.

"No, I'm Venkman." Mike replies sternly.

"Why can't there just be two Venkman's?" Will compromises.

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life. We planned this months ago," Mike starts to explain, "I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, Elizabeth is Dana," He points to Will, then Lucas, "you're Egon, and you're Winston."

The two start to bicker about how Lucas didn't want to be Winston, and Mike was trying to convince him.

"Yeah, but he's still cool." Mike reasons.