CHAPTER FOUR

Eleven takes a seat at Mike's table, that had a board game placed on it

"What's the weirdo doing?" Lucas asks and Dustin shrugs.

We all gather around Eleven, and she closes her eyes.

"El?" Mike asks, but gets scolded by Ten to be quiet.

Her eyes open back up, and she picks up one of the game pieces. She brings it in front of her face, "Will."

"Superpowers." Dustin states as I look to see Mike's reaction.

"I don't get it," I tell the boys, "What does this have to do with Will?"

"It's Will's D&D character," Lucas informs, "Will the Wise."

I nod in understanding as Mike takes a seat at the table.

"Did you see him? On Mirkwood?" Mike asks softly, "Do you know where he is?"

Ten shoves some of the game pieces off of the board before Eleven flips it over, showing us the other side of the cardboard game that was covered in black.

Eleven slams down Will's game piece, and I jump a little.

"I don't understand." Mike states.

"Hiding." El breathes out.

"Will is hiding?" Mike questions.

El nods.

"From who? Where?" I press.

"From the bad men?" Mike quizzes. El shakes her head in response, "Then from who?"

Ten reaches over Eleven, picking up a different piece and placing it next to Will's. The creature looked a bit familiar. It was tall and had long tentacles sticking out of its side, along with two heads.

The boys all share a glance of fear as I whisper, "What's going on? What is that?"

"That is the Demogorgon," Dustin trembles.

|

"We just tell our parents we're going to AV club after school," Mike states, "That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think that the weirdos know where Will is?" Lucas asks as I get up from my spot next to Eleven on the couch, now standing with the boys.

"Hey, stop calling them that," I demand, "They're Ten and Eleven."

Lucas huffs as Mike speaks up, "Just trust us on this, okay?"

"Okay." Lucas sighs.

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike then asks.

"Yeah," Lucas starts to pull some things out of his backpack, "Binoculars...from 'Nam. Army knife...also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana...and the wrist rocket."