CHAPTER SEVEN

It was the day of Will's funeral, and my whole house was pretty quiet

As I slipped my doc martens on, I sighed. I had told Ten to stay at the Wheeler's last night with El since we were going to be going there after the funeral, and so she wouldn't be lonely while I was gone.

I go into my bathroom, fixing my hair and re-applying my lip gloss one last time before my mom calls my name, telling me it's time to go.

I flip the light switch and my bathroom light turns off. My parents were waiting at the door for me before they both walked out, and I followed behind.

I climb into the backseat, watching as the trees blur by out the window. After a short ride we arrive, and I quickly get out, going straight to Lucas, Dustin, and Mike.

"Hey, guys." I greet, pulling down my dress. It was all black and had long sleeves, but it was a bit short.

"Hi," Mike smiles, "Wow! You look great!"

"Thanks." I do a playful spin.

"Guys, we need to act sad. This is a funeral, remember?" Lucas shakes his head.

My parents join me as everyone started grouping together with their family, and the Priest says his words. It was starting.

"Just wait till we tell Will that Jennifer Hayes was crying at his funeral." Dustin smirks.

"Dustin, you sound craz-" I start, but get shushed by Mike's mother. I quickly close my mouth.

|

"Hey, uh-I just wanted to say sorry, for Will," I stutter as I take a seat next to Will's mom, Joyce. She knows that Will's alive, I just don't want to say anything, "I didn't know him that well at school, but I've heard from the boys he is really sweet."

"Oh, thank you, sweetie," Joyce smiles, but furrows her eyebrows, "Did you say he is?"

"Hey, Lizzie, come on." Lucas ushers me up, pulling me with him to the boys who sat with Mr. Clarke.

"Oh! Um, bye!" Joyce yells after me.

"Lucas, I was talking-" I start, "Ah, hey Mr. Clarke!"

"Hello, Liz." He greets as Lucas and I take a seat.

"So, you know how in Cosmos, Carl Sagan talks about other dimensions? Like, beyond our world." Mike begins.