CHAPTER EIGHT

I close the book I was reading, sighing

I close the book I was reading, sighing. I place it on my nightstand, noticing a colorful paper next to it.

I pick it up, reading the red bubble letters, 'I am sorie'.

I rip the paper in half, tossing it to the floor and stomping on it, my eyes filled with tears.

They lied. She lied.

|

I sat on Lucas' couch as we made a plan to find the gate and save Will.

"Are you sure we can do this on our own? I mean, the girls have awesome powers, that could really help us. Maybe we should call Dustin and M-"

"Don't even say it, Lizzie. We got this, okay? We don't need them to save Will. It doesn't matter anyways, all Mike really cares about is his psycho girlfriend." Lucas rolls his eyes.

"Why don't you just apologize? We can make up and then we can all go find the gate and save Will. Together." I try.

"He has to apologize first, it's the rules of the party. And like I already said, he's too obsessed with the freak to help us. Now let's just go on our way." Lucas sighs.

Just then, the door bell rings. We both get up, and Lucas opens the door to see both Mike and Dustin.

"What do you want?" Lucas asks.

Mike's eyes trail to me, and when they see me, they whip back to Lucas, Mike giving him a scowl.

After a moment of silence, Dustin smacks Mike, and he sighs, "I drew first blood, so..." He holds out his hand to Lucas, but he only stares at it.

We all trail into Lucas' living room, and Lucas lets out a huff, contemplating his decision, "Okay, I'll shake," Mike holds out his hand, "On one condition. We forget the weirdo's and go straight to the gate."

Mike takes back his hand, "Then the deal's off."

"Fine!" Lucas raises his hands in the air.

"Fine!" Mike yells back.

"No, no, not fine! Guys, seriously?" Dustin intervenes, turning to Mike, "Do you even remember what happened on the Bloodstone Path?" The boys shrug, and Dustin's eyes widen, "We couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out one by one. And it all went to shit, we were all disabled!"

"Uh, what?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Dungeons and Dragons," Dustin sighs, shaking his head and waving me off, "So we stick together, no matter what!"

"Yeah, I agree. But this is the party, excluding Lizzie, right here in this room." Lucas states, pointing down to the floor.

"Elizabeth's one of us now, so is El, and Ten." Mike asserts.