CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

A/N: that's the dress she is wearing ^ :)

I knock on the door, switching my weight onto my right leg as the door swings open, revealing Lucas in a button up and black jeans.

"That's what you're wearing to the dance?" Lucas asks, looking down at my outfit, "Sweatpants and a t-shirt?"

I hold up the clothing in my hands, "No. I didn't even realize the time but I can just change here."

Lucas nods, letting me in as I wave to his mother, father, and little sister.

My parents couldn't drive me to the snowball dance tonight, since they had work, so Lucas let me go with him. I thought that it was totally unfair my parents had work on Christmas, but I didn't mind going with Lucas.

After changing into my clothes in Lucas' bathroom, I sigh, walking out and to his room, where Erica was watching him from the doorway.

He was looking in his mirror, prepping himself, "I love this song. You?"

"Yeah, I love it," Erica chimes in, catching Lucas off guard, "But not as much as I love you, Lukey."

"Get out of my room!" Lucas storms over to his door, pulling me into his room before slamming it closed. He groans, rolling his eyes before stepping back over to the mirror, fixing the collar of his shirt as looks at me through the glass, "You look amazing!"

"Thanks, Lukey." I grin, causing Lucas to throw his jacket that was hanging by his mirror at me.

I giggle, catching it before putting it back, pushing in beside Lucas, seeing how I looked.

"Making sure you wow Mike?" Lucas teases, taking his blazer off his bed and sliding it on.

I scoff, "Who ever said I care what Mike thinks?"

"You did," Lucas states, and I huff, "You know Mike likes you, and you like him, so why don't you just give it a try?"

"Because I'm scared," I reply, turning to him, "You don't understand."

"Yes I do," He smiles smugly, "If I ask Max to dance, you promise you'll ask Mike?"

I think for a moment, before letting out an exaggerated sigh, "Fine."

"Come on, kids!" Lucas' dad exclaims, opening the door.

"Oh, don't you two look so adorable?" Lucas' mother gushes.

Lucas sighs, sharing a look with me before we head out the door.

|

We hand Mr. Clarke our forms, and he smiles at us, before we head inside.

I instantly spot Mike, who was waiting with Max at one of the tables, the two of them looking bored and annoyed.

"The party has arrived!" Lucas exclaims, catching their attention.

"Finally," Max grumbles, standing up, "If I had to sit here with Mr. Grumpy any longer I was gonna explode."

Mike rolls his eyes at the red-head, before turning to me, taking a deep breath, "W-wow..um, wow. You look...great."

I smile at him, "And you look very dapper."

"Dapper?" Max cuts in, "What are you guys, 50?"

Mike ignores her, reaching into his pocket, "I got you something. For-for Christmas."

"Oh?" He hands me a box, and I glance at him, before looking back at the container. I open the lid, seeing a bottle of baby soft perfume sitting inside. I laugh, "Thank you, Mike. This is so sweet. But, I didn't, erm, get you anything..."