Chapter 23

THEA

"Thea, Thea.." I felt a gentle shake on my shoulder. "Wake up, darling."

I groaned in annoyance. "What?"

"It's a short notice but I have to leave to Germany today."

My eyes instantly opened to the news. I sat on the bed, rubbing my eyes. Arthur was already dressed in his suit, my husband looked gorgeous, it hurt.

"Why so sudden?"

"I meant to tell you last night but you fell asleep."

I yawned. "For how long are you leaving?"

"2 days. I will be back on Tuesday."

I nodded and my eyes caught the sight of his unfinished tie, I got up and tidied the tip of his tie. "Call me when you get there, and don't forget to buy some chocolates. I heard Germany have one of the best chocolates."

He smiled. "Yes, Ma'am."

I sighed then pulled him into hug. "I'm gonna miss you so much."

He locked me in his gentle arms. "I'll only be gone for 2 days."

"Still, I don't have someone to annoy."

He pulled away and gave me a look. "You'll only miss me just because you don't have someone to annoy? I'm hurt."

"You know I'm only kidding," I grinned. I left him to the bathroom. "Do you want me to come with you to the airport?" I called out whilst washing my face in the sink.

I heard footsteps behind me. "No it's fine, I'll be leaving soon though."

I brushed my teeth and spit out the used paste. I cleaned my mouth and turned to face him. "Okay, I'll see you in 2 days then."

He stepped ahead until he was a few inches closer to me. "Just like that?"

I looked at him. "Just like what?"

"No kisses for me?"

I raised an eyebrow. "You want a kiss?"

He gave me a look and before I knew it, he pulled my waist and captured my lips with his. I was glad that I had brushed my teeth. I love to kiss, but not when I still got morning breath.

I clung my arms around his neck, he was kissing me deeply, pulling me closer like he didn't want to let go.

Eventually he pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. "I guess I'll see you in 2 days."

I was still weak from the kiss. "I'll see you in 2 days."

After lots of bantering, Arthur finally left to the airport. I waved at him as he got into the car and rolled the window down. I watched as the car drove away until it disappeared from my sight. I let out a sigh and got back into the house, it was our first time being away since we made up. I sure was going to miss him so much, even it was only for 2 days.

I was cleaning my room when my phone vibrated on the bedside table. I unlocked it to a text from Arthur.

Arthur: Miss you already

A smile crept on my face. Who would have thought Arthur could be this clingy?

Me: Arthur, it hasn't even been 20 minutes

Arthur: Don't blame me, you're missing-able

I snorted, reading his text. Missing-able? Was that even a word?

Me: What the hell is missing-able? Is that even a word?

Arthur: I think I just made that up.
Arthur: But seriously, I've missed you already.