Chapter 5

The next morning Akina woke to the sun shining in her face. Groaning, she turned around until her nose was filled with the unfamiliar scent of the room around her and she sat up, the blanket that was covering her sliding down.

"Oh right. I'm in a different world." She muttered as she rubbed the grogginess from her eyes. The events of yesterday quickly filled her head as she stretched, a few pops being heard as she did so.

"Ah! I see you're awake!" A voice called and Akina turned and looked towards the door, seeing Nezu walking inside.

"Morning." Akina said, giving the principal a tired smile.

"I've brought some food to help you wake up, please, enjoy!" Nezu said, placing a bowl of something on table close to the couch she was sitting on.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." Akina said, grabbing the bowl and starting to eat the contents, a small blush appearing on her cheeks as she tasted the new food. It was delicious.

"I had the school's cook make it for you, I hope it's to your liking." Nezu said.

"It's amazing!" Akina said, sparkles seeming to surround her.

"I'm glad to hear it! Now, let's continue what we started yesterday. I've talked it over with that staff of this school and concluded that you will be joining Class 1-A as a last minute transfer student!"

Akina nodded— it was probably smart to keep the fact that she was from a different world a secret. The more it spread the more of a possibility for people to come after her for her magic, thought then a trout popped in her head. "Wait! What about those students who saw me? They saw me come through the portal and most likely saw me cuffed up outside of that building."

Nezu put a paw to his chin, "Hm, I guess I must of skipped over that. Well then, I guess we'll just tell them that you were kidnapped by the villains!"

"You sounded way too happy saying that."

"As for your magic, I believe it would be best to disguise it as a quirk, so on your files we've called it Ultimate Nature! Now on to more important business. We were able to find you an apartment not too far from campus for you to stay in while you're in our world!"

"Oh! Thank you, I greatly appreciate it! I'll pay you back as soon as I can."

"There's no need. Think of this as compensation as acting as extra security to our school. If you're ready let's head to the apartment so you can settle in! Tomorrow I'll introduce you to the staff, as well as your new teacher- if he's well enough that is."

Akina nodded, "Thank you, sir."

He smiled, "Alright, then! I'll show you your apartment!"

***

Akina was dying, hardcore, unable to move dying.

She had followed Nezu, well more like followed his directions as he sat on her shoulder. She had walked out of the school grounds and towards an apartment complex that felt to be a ten minute walk. After entering the building he had led her onto some sort of contraption that he called an elevator and the moment it started moving she was down for the count.

"Miss Hayashi, are you alright?" Nezu asked, looking at the mage.

Akina was about to respond before she had to cover her mouth to prevent herself from throwing up. The elevator ride lasted only a few seconds and the moment the elevator stopped she sprung back to life.

"That's a death contraption." Akina said, glaring back at the elevator as she stepped off.

"Could you possibly suffer from Motion sickness?"

Akina's cheeks turned red in embarrassment. "It's a Dragon Slayer thing... everyone else who has Dragon Slayer magic gets motion sickness." Well, all of us except Wendy. She added with slight bitterness.

"That's quite interesting!" Nezu said, his tone as cheery as ever. "Well, then! Let's continue on, your apartment it at the very end of this hallway!"

"Right." Akina said, walking down the hallway, getting to a door at the end and using the key she was given to open the door.

Inside, it looked to be a single room apartment. There was a small entryway that opened up into a large living room with a Kitchen separated from it by a ledge. To the right there was a hallway which she assumed led to a bathroom and her bedroom. It was much bigger than her apartment at Fairy Hills— this one had a kitchen inside the room.

"Before I forget, please take this." He said, handing Akina a weird looking slab.

"What is it?" Akina asked.

"Oh, do you not have phones in your world? Well, let me explain what it is! You can use it to communicate with other people, even when you're not in the same room, it's a pretty useful device to have on hand."

"Oh! So it's like a Lacrima!" Akina exclaimed, and upon seeing Nezu's curious expression on his face she chuckled, "It's a magic item that has many different uses- for the most part they're used for communicating between two people as well as getting in contact with other guilds!"

"How interesting!" Nezu said, clapping his paws together. "Well, then, I'll call you in the morning when you should head back to U.A, for the rest of today, please learn all you can and settle in to your new apartment!" With that he hopped off her shoulder and walked towards the door. "Have a great day!"

With that, Akina was left alone in the apartment. She gripped onto the phone she was given when suddenly it made an ear bleeding ringing noice. She jumped, almost dropping the device before looking at the reflective part— which had now lit up.

She tapped on the green and pressed it up to her ear, only to pull it away when she heard Nezu's voice come through it.

"I just wanted to test calling you!" Nezu said. "It looks like it worked!"

"Y-Yeah." Akina said— there had to be some way to lower the volume.

"Also, I had Midnight find some clothes for you to wear! No offense but your current attire makes you stick out like a sore thumb! That's all I needed to say, goodbye!" There was a click and Akina let out a sigh.

"Guess I should change. I wanna go see what this town is like!" She exclaimed, heading to the bedroom to change.

She changed into a green off shoulder sundress that had pink flowers littered around it and a leather belt around her waist. She slipped on a pair of sandals and she was ready to go explore.