Chapter 31

After making sure the villain was completely unconscious, Iida and Todoroki removed all of the weapons from the villain. It seemed that once he fell unconscious the effects of his quirk wore off on the both of them. As of now, the group  was starting to recover from what had just happened.

"Todorok, I can drag him from here." Iida said.

"Are you forgetting your arms are messed up?" Todoroki asked.

Akina just let out a small sigh and flicked her wrist, a vine poking out of the ground and grabbing a hold of the villain. "Don't worry you two! I got him!"

"Oh, r-right." Iida said.

And just like that the group was headed off towards the street. As they walked Iida shifted his walking stance to match Akina's so they were walking beside each other

"You were right." He said.

"Hm?"

"Revenge isn't all that it's cut out to be. We beat him but I ended up dragging others in with me. If I hadn't gone..."

"I told you to go after him, didn't I?" Akina asked. "Sure, I was against you taking revenge but sometimes people have to see for themselves the result of their desire. That's why I held back at the start of the fight. I guess in a way I was being kind of selfish. I wanted you to see what revenge does firsthand, and the unexpected consequences it brings." She placed a hand on the back of her neck and smiled nervously, "To be honest I can't take full credit for the idea. I actually learned it from Gramps."

Iida was quiet for a moment then nodded, "Your grandfather seems like a wise man."

Akina nodded and a look of longing appeared on her face. "Yeah. He's the wisest man alive."

The group had gotten to the end of the alleyway, and Akina perked up when she heard the distant sound of footsteps getting closer.

"What are you doing here, boy?" Someone shouted, and Akina looked to see a very short elderly man running up to them. Actually, he reminded her a lot of Master Makarov.

"Gran Torino!" Midoriya exclaimed. "I was only-" Before Midorya could even finish the sentence, the elderly hero jumped up into the air and kicked the poor teen in the face.

"I thought I told you to stay on the bullet train!" The hero, Gran Torino shouted.

"Who's this?" Todoroki asked.

"Gran Torino, the hero I'm interning with. I don't get it. How'd you find us?"

"I was told to come here by someone else. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm glad you're not dead, at least."

"Me too. And, I'm sorry."

"Around the corner!" A new voice shouted and Akina looked to her left to see a group of more heroes running up to them.

"Endeavor told us there was a request for help here but..."

"Children? Those injuries look bad."

"I'll call an ambulance right away."

One of the heroes gasped, "Hey, look."

Akina watched as the other heroes looked towards where the Hero Killer was, unconscious and wrapped up in tree branches.

"Is that... that the Hero Killer?"

"What?"

"I'll get the police on the line."

As the heroes moved around, checking to see if everyone was okay, Akina was distracted by the sound of flapping in the distance. It sounded like some kind of creature flying towards them.

"Hey, miss, are you alright?" A hero asked, breaking Akina from her concentration.

"Hm, yeah, I'm fine."

The hero raised and eyebrow, "That knife wound says differently."

"Knife wound? Oh, right, I got stabbed didn't I? Guess I forgot." She took a breath and felt a warmth on her back and the side of her neck as the wounds she had sustained during the fight healed over, completely unaware of the shocked look the hero had on their face. "There we go! All better!"

"You guys." A voice said, and Akina looked behind her to see Iida bowing at them. "You were all hurt because of me. I'm truly sorry. I was just so angry I couldn't see anything else."

"I'm sorry too, Iida." Midoriya said. "You were going through so much by yourself. But I couldn't tell anything was wrong. Even though I'm your friend."

"Hey, pull yourself together. You're the class rep." Todoroki said.

They were silent for a second, as if waiting for Akina to say something, instead her eyes widened and she clapped her hands together, 'There you are, ya bastard." Vines immediately shot up from beside her and reached up into the sky, surprising everyone around them.

"A-A Nomu!" Midoriya shouted in shock as he looked up at the creature that was now encompassed in thorny vine.

"That was a close one! It was headed straight towards us!" Akina exclaimed she brought it down to the ground harshly and kept it still, "Nature Dragon: Jaw." The ground shook and the Nomu was suddenly trapped within the earth. For extra measure she put three thick layers of vines around it. She turned and looked at the others, completely oblivious to the shocked looks on their faces. "Now we're safe!"

"Why are you all standing around like fools? It must of flown over here." Someone new asked, and Akina looked over to see the flaming hero that is Endeavor.

"Ah, you're talking about that winged guy! He's right in here!" Akina said, motioning towards the trap that shook every once in a while. "Seems like you were a little too slow to catch him, flame-brain!"

Endeavor just gritted his teeth and walked up to the trap using his quirk to heat up the inside and immobilize the beast, and as Todoroki looked from his father to his freckled classmate he could of sworn he saw satisfaction on her face at his father's anger.

It wasn't long after that when the medics and police arrived, taking both Stain and the unconscious creature into custody. As they were moving around and checking everyone, Akina moved towards Midoriya.

"Hey, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Something you said earlier confused me, it's about Stain's quirk."

"What confused you?"

"Well, you said it had a time limit based on blood types and I was just wondering, what are blood types?"

Midoriya looked at her with a shocked expression, "Y-you can't be serious."

Akina tilted her head, "This time I'm not joking." She had never heard the term used before, back on Earthland people used magic to heal others and the idea of different types of blood never occurred to anyone since it never really mattered.

Midoriya just looked at her in complete and utter shock, a single thought running through his head, She managed to take Stain down in no time at all but she doesn't know what blood types are? Who even is she?