Chapter 27

Opening the door to the agency building, Akina stepped inside to see people bustling about. As she was about to ask someone where she needed to be, she heard a loud gasp from behind her and a blue haired girl ran up to her.

"Hey hey! You're the first year interning with Ryukyu, aren't you? Excited? You're really powerful, aren't you? I was amazed to see a first year with your kind of power! What's your quirk anyways?" The girl said, sending a stream of questions towards Akina without giving her a chance to answer one before moving right on to the next.

"Oh, uh, well you see-" Akina said. The girl in front of her seemed familiar, at least, her scent was familiar. She knew for a fact she's smelt it around the halls of U.A before.

"Nejire-chan, don't scare away the intern." Another voice said and Akina looked over to see what looked to be another hero— another sidekick who worked under Ryukyu most likely.

Nejire-chan... That name's really familiar... Akina thought, then it came to her, "Oh! Right, you're a third year at U.A, aren't you!"

The girl, Nejire grinned, "Yep! While you guys are interning those of us who have work studies with Pro heroes go to work for them for the week! Pretty cool, huh?"

"Work studies?"

"Oh! Second and Third years have the chance to work with a pro hero as a sidekick, it gives us the opportunity to work closer to a pro hero and get more experience on the field before graduating!" Nejire explained. "Anyways, Ryukyu sent me out here to see if you had gotten here, come with me, I'll bring you to her!" Without waiting for a response, Nejire grabbed Akina's hand and started to take her through the building.

Nejire finally stopped once they reached what looked to be a small workout room. She let go of Akina's arm and bounced up to a female Pro Hero who was stretching. "Ryukyu, the interns here!"

The hero, Ryukyu, paused in her movement and looked over towards Akina. "Ah, so she is, welcome to my agency!"

"It's a pleasure to work under you!" Akina said, bowing her head in greeting. "I'm Aki- Dryad."

"Glad to be working with you. After seeing that final move you made I knew I wanted you as an intern! Now, why don't you get suited up and get ready for your first ever patrol!"

"Yes ma'am!" Akina said. It technically wasn't her first ever patrol but Ryukyu didn't need to know that.

"Here, I'll show you to the dressing rooms!" Nejire said, once again grabbing Akina's arm and pulling her out into the hallway.

***

Once Akina had gotten changed, she met up with Ryukyu and Nejire at the front doors of the Agency, when they were ready they headed out to patrol the area.

As they walked, Ryukyu was stopped a few times for pictures and autographs, and at times both Nejire and Akina were asked to be in photos as well.

"I haven't seen you around before, are you a new sidekick?" A woman asked, her attention on Akina.

"Oh, I'm interning under Ryukyu for the week. My name's Dryad." She bowed her head in greeting.

"Well, Dryad, you're lucky to be interning under a hero such as Ryukyu. I expect you're going to learn a lot."

"I hope so!" Akina said with a wide grin, her sharpened canines glistening in the sunlight.

After everyone got an autograph and photo, the three of them kept moving along the streets. As they walked past a construction site Akina stopped in her tracks. Beside her she could hear the creaking of unsteady beams, the same sound she had heard when they were rebuilding the guild hall and some unsteady support beams collapsed in on themselves.