Chapter 33

"This is stupid!" Akina shouted out in the empty room she was in. It had been a day since the Stain incident and as punishment for going after the villain without getting permission from Ryukyu was that she had to clean up the training room at the agency by herself.

She knew that if she just showed Ryukyu her ID she'd be let off, but Nezu had told her only to let others know when he allows it, to keep the information of her being security from getting leaked out into the public.

So now, here she was, mopping the floors of the the agency's training room while everyone took care of the fun stuff. At the moment all of her classmates are improving in their abilities, and Akina hated the fact to think they were all improving while she was stuck cleaning. She felt like she was starting to fall behind— even though she was leagues above them strength wise.

She leaned on the mop and looked over the now clean training room. As she stood she thought back to when she used to train with Mira back when they were younger.

The two of them were in an open field just outside of the Fairy Hills dorms. After loosing another fight against Natsu, she went to Mira in hopes of the older mage teaching her some new magic.

"You came to the right person if you want to get stronger!" Mira said, placing her hands on her hips with a wide grin on her face. "After Erza taught Natsu to read she's been bragging non-stop about how she's better than me." She gritted her teeth and a dark aura surrounded her. "I'm going to prove her wrong!"

"So, are you going to teach me some magic or..."

"I'm getting there! Be patient!" Mira shouted, "Now, listen up, because I'm not going to be repeating myself!"

For the next hour Mira taught Akina about the different types of magic, more specifically the different types that she could learn. By the end of the lessons Akina had a headache, and even though she wasn't able use any of the new magic Mira had tried to teach her, but she had the knowledge of how to use it.

"If I remember correctly, the easiest types of magic to learn on your own are transformation, flight, and illusionary magic, but I don't know where to start with any of those." She muttered to herself. She tapped the top of her toe on the ground as she leaned on the mop. As she stood there, she let her mind wonder.

"The S class trails?" A younger Akina asked. "You really think I'll be picked to participate this year?"

The time had come for the S class trials once again, and even though she was only 13, most of the guild expected Akina to rise to the rank of S-class. In the past few years, she had focused on getting stronger and learning as much as she could about her magic, ultimately discovering more about her dragon slayer magic than Natsu had.

"Of course!" Mira said from behind the bar, "That's what everyone in the guild believes! Especially since Natsu hasn't beaten you in a battle in years!"

"That's just because he's an idiot." Akina said plainly, knowing that if the fire dragon slayer had been there he would of challenge her to a fight right then and there. "But... I don't even think I'm close enough in power or strength to you or Erza... not to mention Mystogan, Laxus, and especially Gildarts!"

Mira let out a soft laugh and placed down the cup she was wiping down. "Just because you don't believe you're not at strong dosen't mean you're not strong in your own way, Aki. I'm sure you'll find you're much stronger than you think."

Akina frowned, hoping that Mira was right.

A few days past and it was officially time for Master Makarov to make the announcement on who would be participating in the trials. Akina listened as he listed off the names, her heart beating heavily in her chest in anticipation. Until he read off the very last name.

"Akina Hayashi."

Akina's eyes widened, she had been chosen, she was going to have the chance of becoming an S-class mage. As she headed to the boat with the other eight chosen wizards, they soon set off towards Tenrou island.

-_-_-_-

The trails were difficult, what'd you expect for the S-class trails? Though Akina didn't expect to be fighting against Erza in order to proceed in the trials.

"Nature Dragon: Roar!" Akina casted, a beam of green light swirled out of her mouth and headed straight towards the redhead.

The 18 year old mage easily dodge the attack and sent a sword flying straight towards Akina, the blade just barely grazing her side.

This fight had been going on for what felt like hours, and it was obvious Akina was worse off than Erza was. Though, that was to be expected, the older mage was a whole five years older than her. Akina glanced at Erza then at the path behind her— the path she needed to get to in order to continue on with the trials.

"Choco!" Akina shouted, and her partner swooped down and grabbed Akina with her tail, bringing the freckled mage into the air. After avoiding some more swords sent by Erza, Akina lifted her hands above her head and a magic circle appeared.

"Nature Dragon: Sundrop!" She casted, and the sun started glowing brighter than before, heating up the area around them. Droplets of light started to drip down and speed towards Erza. Before Erza could move, Akina used her magic and made a giant fist rise up from the ground and grab Erza, slowing down the Scarlett haired mage and causing her to face the solar attack head on.

As Erza was struggling to get out, Akina and Choco headed forwards, past her and towards the third trial.

-_-_-_-

"The winner of  the x783 trails is Akina Hayashi! Successfully becoming the youngest mage of Fairy Tail to achieve the S-class ranking!" Makarov announced, the guild going wild at the announcement.

"See, I knew you could do it." Mira said, placing a hand on the younger mage's shoulder.

Akina smiled softly, "Yeah... I did."

Straightening up, Akina shook her head to bring herself back to reality. It has been two years since she became and S-class mage— well, two years to her, eight years for those who hadn't gone to Tenrou the last time the trials were held. She still got chills whenever she thought back to what had happened that year.

Just outside the training room, Akina heard some voices coming from the meeting area. Curious, she put the mop away in the supply closet and walked out of the room and towards the commotion. Once she got there, she saw Nejire standing near the back of the crowd.

"What's happening?" Akina asked as she approached the upperclassman.

"Oh! While patrolling some of Ryukyu's sidekicks found a weird book. Nobody can read what's inside it though. It's like it was written in some made-up language!"

"A made-up language?" Akina asked, trying to get a glimpse of the book through the crowd of heroes.

"Hey, wait, weren't you supposed to be cleaning the training room?"

"I finished it a while ago." Akina said. Her curiosity getting the better of her, she started to punch forwards through the sidekicks, until she got close enough to see the book.

Ryukyu was flipping through the pages with a look of concentration on her face. As she flipped the pages, Akina was able to see some of the contents of the book, and she audibly gasped at what she saw. Before she could think, she ran forwards and grabbed the book from Ryukyu, closing the book and looking at the cover, ignoring whatever Ryukyu was saying to her. Flipping through the pages, her eyes scanned over the words. She recognized it as a book that had been stashed back in the FairyTail Library. A book that was about different types of beginner Magic, transformation, Aera, requip, and many others.

She didn't know how this book had gotten into this world, but with it, she could get even stronger than she was now.