Chapter 48

**In Earthland**

Back at Fairy Tail, the wizards were trying to figure out what had happened to the three dragon slayers and two exceeds. Levy was pouring over a stack of books with her Gale-force glasses on allowing her read through the books at immaculate speeds. Others were going on jobs in hopes of finding out any clues. They had even gotten some of the other guilds to help out such as Lamia Scale and Sabertooth.

Suddenly a group of wizards had come through the door, it was Team Natsu returning from a job that looked like it might have hints to where the dragon slayers had been taken.

"Did you find anything?" Mira asked, walking up to the recently returned team. Everything in the past few months had been especially hard on her and the other Strauss siblings. To them loosing Akina felt like they had lost a sibling. Elfman and Lisanna were currently on a job in hopes of finding any trace of the missing wizards.

"No. Nothing." Erza said, a frustrated look on her face. "Nobody in that dark guild had any clue about that mysterious portal."

"It's like they've all just disappeared. There's no trace of them or whatever magic made that portal anywhere." Lucy said. "Have you found anything Levy?"

Levy let out a quiet sigh and shook her head. "None of these books describe what we're looking for. I've even looked through the little information we have about Anima."

"You think they were sent to Edolas?" Gray asked.

"That's very unlikely. All Magic was expelled from Edolas the last time we were there. If they had been sent there they would of been thrown out almost immediately." Erza said. "We can only assume they're somewhere here in Fiore."

"What if they're in another world like Edolas?" Natsu suggested.

"There can't be any other worlds like that, right?" Wendy asked.

"Don't be ridiculous. There can't be." Carla said.

"Exactly. Don't go spewing out stupid ideas, Flame Breath." Gray said.

"Actually Natsu might have a point." Maivs said, appearing out of nowhere and stopping what could of been a nasty fight between the ice and fire wizards. "We can't rule out the possibility that those three are in some kind of entirely new land."

"Right you are!" A new voice said, and everyone looked towards a cloud of smoke that had appeared in the middle of the guild hall. There a familiar clock had appeared, much to the surprise of the guild.

"Horlogium! what are you doing here?" Lucy asked, since as far as she was aware she didn't summon the spirit.

"Sorry for any intrusion Lady Lucy, I have a message from Lady Akina." At those words an air of shock filled the guild hall.

"Wait, you saw Akina? Where is she? Are the others with her?" Erza asked, her eyes wide in shock.

"Are they okay?" Mira asked.

"I am only aware of the status of three of your friends, the ones known as Akina, Gajeel, and Panther Lily. They all looked to be alive and well."

A smile appeared on Mira's face, and she sighed in relief. "Thank goodness those three are safe."

"We can assume Choco is safe as well, since she went through the portal after Akina." Gray stated. "Though Laxus is still a mystery."