Chapter 10

On the signal the class ran forwards into the forest, each group separating into different areas. Once her group stopped running, Akina tilted her head upwards, her nose twitching as she smelled the air.

"What are you doing?" Kirishima asked.

"What does it look like? I'm smelling the air for those sphere things." She answered. She had managed to get a whiff of the one All Might had been holding so she knew what she was looking for.

"Sniffing the air? Don't you have a nature quirk?" Todoroki asked.

"Yep." Akina said simply, starting to walk forwards as she caught a scent of an orb. As she was walking, she felt like this exercise was too easy. They were training to be heroes right, so where were the enemies?

Just as she thought that, there was a rustle in the bushes and something with a metallic scent burst out and stared right at them.

"It's the robots from the entrance exam!" Kirishima exclaimed, taking a step back.

"I knew there was going to be an obstacle." Akina said, getting ready to attack when there was a hand placed on her shoulder.

"Let me handle it. I'll get it done the fastest." Todoroki said, and before Akina could even respond he stomped one of his feet and ice shot forwards, freezing the robot in place.

"Aw, come on, I've been itching for a fight all day! Next robot is all mine!" Akina said, her cheeks puffed up in annoyance as she moved to walk in front of Todoroki.

The group soon found a few of the orbs, placing them in a bag Akina made by weaving together some vines. So far they had found up to three orbs and still had an hour left before the exercise was over. Currently, Akina was leading the group through the forest, using her sense of smell to track down the orbs.

"Hm, you alright, Hayashi?" Kirishima asked.

Akina had stopped in her tracks, holding up a hand to signal to Kirishima and Todoroki to stop walking as well. She tilted her head upwards— the heavy scent of metal making it's way to her nose. "Three, heading straight towards us."

Kirishima and Todoroki nodded, both of them getting in positions ready to attack.

"3... 2... now!" Akina jumped forwards as the robots burst out of the bushes, "Nature Dragon: Swiping Claw!" She casted, slashing at one of the robots until it was slashed up into pieces. Looking back she saw that Todoroki had once again frozen his and Kirishima had managed to crush his.

Akina grinned, and the three of them kept moving forwards.

***

"That's a lot of robots." Kirishima said.

The group was peeking into a ditch that held a strong scent of the spheres— there had to be tons of them around here. The only problem were that there were ton's of robots as well. Actually, it wasn't really a problem for Akina. One roar and all of the robots would be dealt with, but she risked destroying the forest and possibly injuring anyone nearby. She racked her mind for anything she could do.

"I got this." Todoroki said, the smell of ice getting stronger as he activated his quirk.

"No, wait." Akina said, holding out her arm. "You do that and you risk freezing the spheres we need to collect. I don't know about you but I'd prefer to not go searching in ice for these small things. I have a better plan." She knelt down and pressed her hands to the ground. Two magic circles appeared on the ground under her hands and in the ditch in front of them vines shot up into the air, each of them wrapping themselves around the robots, a few seconds later they had been crushed, bits and pieces dropping to the ground.

"N-no way. That was so manly!" Kirishima exclaimed.

Akina stood up, "That was nothing. Now, let's not stop, we've got plenty of these spheres to collect!"

Once the group collected the spheres, they started to head back. Akina pulled some leaves off the trees and starting to munch on them as they walked through the forest. She was starting to get really hungry. Todoroki and Kirishima both seemed to notice but neither of them said a word about it to her.

***

Akina, Todoroki, and Kirishima were heading back to the entrance, all three of them holding at least two bags each that were overflowing with the spheres. Once they got back, they saw that most of the other groups had made it back as well. Once the last group got back, All Might started speaking.

"Looks like you all found a lot of those orbs!" He exclaimed, "but overall the winner of this exercise is team F! In total they collected 121 orbs and brought them all back before the timer ran out!"

"No way they were able to find over a hundred?! Even with fighting those robots?" Sero exclaimed, looking at the group with a shocked expression on his face.

"Mr. All Might, Sir!" Iida suddenly exclaimed. "You did not inform us of the robots that were going to be inside the forest as we searched! It was illogical of you to send us in there not knowing what we were facing!"

"Well Young Iida, you see-"

"It was perfectly logical for him to do that." Akina interrupted, leaning forwards slightly to get a better view of Iida, "When you're a mag- A Pro Hero- you won't be able to know exactly what to expect. You might know the basics of the mission you're on but there will always be surprises. You have to know how to adapt to any situation that's thrown upon you. And if that situation is going out to search for something and then getting attacked by robots, then you have to adapt and beat the enemy to a pulp!"

"I couldn't of said it any better, Young Hayashi!" All Might exclaimed. "Adaption is a key part to being a hero. A hero unable to adapt is a hero that will not make it far, understood?"

"Yes sir!"

"Class dismissed!"