Chapter 11

After patrolling the perimeter of the school and making sure nobody had broken in that day, Akina headed back to her apartment and unlocked the door. When she opened it she was greeted by Choco who was flipping through the pages of a book.

"Aki!" She exclaimed, summoning her wings and flying over to the mage, "How was school?"

"It was okay. I don't know how they can stand being cooped up in that building all day learning useless things like all this advanced math and science and whatever." Akina said with a sigh. "What have you been up to?"

"Trying to find a way back home!"

"Oh?"

"But it's not going too great. I'm having trouble reading these squiggles, I thought it looked similar to the writing in Fiore but I was completely wrong."

"Yeah, I don't understand a lot of it too. I poured over some of these books the past few days though," she motioned to children's books that were to help young kids learn to read, "so I know enough to get by. Strange how we can speak the language but not be able to read it." She shook her head, clearing the thought, "Let's not worry too much, we'll find a way back home eventually. We've just gotta keep looking!"

Choco nodded, "Aye!"

***

Later that Evening, Akina and Choco had found their way to a beach. For the most part it smelt like any other beach she'd been to— but there was the slightest whiff of trash in the air, almost like it had previously been full of trash and just recently been cleared out.

"This will be a perfect place so start training." She said, placing her hands on her hips. She had watched some of the past Sports Festivals that U.A had held and managed to get the just of the layout.

"Mmhmm! It looks like not a lot of people come around at this time so we don't have to worry about hurting anyone!" Choco exclaimed.

It was much simpler than the Grand Magic Games, and only consisted of one day instead of multiple. The first 'game' of the Festival acted as an elimination round, where everyone participates in a full scale competition. From there forty of them move on to the next round, which was usually a group competition. The final round was one on one matches, the match last year had been a foam sword fighting match.

Technically Akina didn't have to train for the festival, her abilities stretched far beyond those of the strongest hero here. But just because she was that far ahead didn't mean she shouldn't train. Being a strong wizard was more than knowing strong spells. She had to be able to keep a strong body and a strong mind if she wanted to continue improving. Once she got back to Fairy Tail she would amaze her guild with how much she had improved.

"Time to begin training!"

"Aye!"

***

Midoriya was running along the beach, the same one he had cleared out during his time training with All Might. Turned out it was really good exercise to run along the full stretch of the beach. As he was running he noticed a familiar figure in the far off distance.

What's Hayashi doing here? He wondered, getting closer to the girl until he would be able to hear what she was shouting.

"Again!" She shouted out.

"Aki, don't you think we should move on?" A new voice asked, and Midoriya's eyes moved to a small brown cat with wings, that was speaking.

"Nonsense Choco, a few more times won't hurt! I want to be able to get all of them before the sun officially sets!"

The cat, Choco, sighed. "Alright then. Here you go!" A second later she was soaring high into the air, a few rocks being dropped at different times.

Akina spread her stance and raised her hands towards the now falling rocks. "Nature Dragon: Bursting Blossom!" She shouted, two circles appearing at her hands and producing multiple flower pellets that shot straight towards the rocks. Once they made contact they exploded, leaving nothing of the rock behind.

By the end, there was a single plop as a rock fell into the ocean.

"Damn! I really thought I got all of them that time!" Akina exclaimed. She sighed then turned to look at Midoriya. "Hey there, Midoriya! Fancy seeing you here!" She said.

"H-how'd you know I was there?" Midoriya asked. As far as he was aware he had barely made any noise and he was still a far distance away from her.

Akina just smiled and tapped her nose, "I just did. Anyways, I'm assuming you're training for the Festival?" Midoriya nodded, causing Akina to grin even more. "So am I! I'm working on my accuracy right now! Wanna join?"

"Aki, I don't think he'll be able to keep up with you. The only people who have been able to keep up with your training sessions are the others of Team Natsu and Elfman." Choco said, waving her paw.

"Oh... right." She said. "I guess he probably wouldn't be able to handle it. Even Elfman gets tired after an hour."

What kind of training does she do? Midoriya thought. And who's Elfman? "What are you talking about?" He decided to ask.

"Oh, nothing to concern yourself with." Akina said with a smile, "If you don't mind I need to continue my training. I'm sure you need to continue as well, right Midoriya?"

"Oh, uh, right!" Midoriya said, "I'll see you around school, then!" He said and started to start jogging again, leaving Akina to train in the distance.

***

Once Midoriya had started running again, Akina turned to Choco, her eyes shining. "All Right, let's continue!"