Chapter 24

"Aren't you going to help?" Akina called out as she placed some of her possessions in a box.

"Not my shit, not my problem." Laxus called back from where he was standing in the doorway.

Akina let out a sigh. Yesterday, before she had left the building Nezu called her into his office. Apparently one of the terms Laxus had agreed on was that they were to be given an actual house, as well as given them the day off of security duty to move into the new living space. While she was grateful that they would be having more living space, it couldn't hurt for Laxus to help them pack up.

"You know him, Aki." Choco said, flying over with a plant in her paws. "He;s not much of a team player."

"Yeah, yeah. I had kind of hope he had changed in the time I've been here but I guess that's too much to ask. We're almost done anyways." She snapped her fingers and vines sprouted out of the ground, grabbing the remaining objects and placing them in empty boxes. She placed her hands on her hips and took a deep breath. It was time to see their new living space.

It didn't take long to get to the house. The house itself wan't really anything to gawk at. It was a simple two story home. The first floor held a living room, kitchen, dining room, a bathroom, and what looked to be a study. The second floor was mainly bedrooms. Three in total. Laxus immediately claimed the biggest one for himself, leaving Akina and Choco to claim the medium sized room. The smallest would be a guest room. Luckily each of the rooms had their own bathrooms, so Akina wouldn't have to suffer through sharing a bathroom with Laxus in the mornings.

After moving in— with the help of her vines— Akina plopped down on her bed and looked at the celling. Ever since Laxus appeared she's had a few questions running though her head. Why was he here? How was he here? If he was here than were there others? Was Natsu somewhere in this world? That last question terrified her to think about. Sure, the two of them were friends but knowing Natsu he would wreak havoc in this world. He'd probably get arrested. No, he'd definitely get arrested.

"Hey, Vine-head. You forgettin' something?" Laxus asked from her doorway.

Akina sat up and looked at him, "Hm... no. I think i got everything form my apartment."

Laxus looked at her in annoyance. "Furniture, dumbass. You don't expect me to sleep on the floor do you?"

"It's not the worse thing you've slept on." There was a stretch of silence as the two of them just looked at each other, before Akina let out a sigh. "Fine, let's go get you a bed. I need to pick some stuff up anyways."

***

"Why the hell is this so hard to assemble?!" Laxus shouted as he threw down a wooden plank.

"You just have to read the instructions." Akina said.

"You expect me to be able to read whatever this is?" He shouted, pointing at the kanji written on the instruction manual.

Akina placed a hand over her mouth as she stifled her laughter. "I forgot, you're illiterate in this world."

"Don't be like that, Aki, it's not your fault he didn't learn to read while in this world." Choco said, placing a paw over her own mouth and stifling her laughter.

Laxus gritted his teeth and tossed the manual at Akina, "Call me when you're done." He said simply before walking out of the room.

Akina and Choco looked at each other, the two of them bursting out into laughter the moment Laxus was out of the room. An hour and a half of confusion and bed building Akina and Choco finished. The put the mattress they had purchased inside the bed frame and started to put the sheets on. By the end of it the two of them were hungry and tired.

As they stepped out of the room, the smell of something delicious came to their noses. Choco and Akina glanced at each other and ran down the stairs, seeing that Laxus was standing in the kitchen

"Well, well. It looks like you're not completely useless after all." Akina joked.

"Shut up." Laxus said.

"When did you learn to cook? I though Freed always did it for you and the legion. And when did you learn how to use a stove?"

Laxus shot her a glare before turning off the stove.

"I'm not a moron like Natsu. I can understand how basic appliances work."

"Yet you can't read Japanese."

Laxus tensed up, but didn't respond to her.

Once Laxus was done cooking, the three of them ate dinner, which was surprisingly not that bad. Afterwards, they all went to their rooms. She took the time afterwards to decorate her room. Placing some plants near the windowsill, putting up some posters, and overall personalizing her room to her liking.

Once she was done she plopped down on her bed and looked around. From the room next to her, she could hear muffled music— Laxus seemed to of found a use for the phone he was given earlier. Glancing at her alarm clock she decided she might as well head to be.

While she didn't have school in the morning, she did have to get up for security detail.
_____
Heya! Sorry, the break was a bit longer than I expected, but the good news is my I completed my short story in time! (It's not that good but if ya'll want I can share it with you guys lol)
Also, my schools done for the year, which means I'm officially out of high school! (I'm not scared, haha w h a t??)

Anyways, this chapter was more of a filler than anything, but I still hope you all enjoyed it!