Chapter 23

As her classmates stopped alongside the crowd of people, but Akina just kept running- despite some her of classmates shouting at her to stop. Once she got to the back of the crowd of pros, she jumped in the air and soared over them, her gaze landing on a familiar lightning-scared face man.

"Laxus!"
____

Laxus grunted as Akina tackled him, wrapping her arms around his neck and hanging from it, a wide grin on her face.

"Hayashi, do you know this man?" Someone asked and Akina turned to look at Midnight.

Akina nodded and dropped to the ground. "Yeah! He's uh... a relative of mine, Dreyar Laxus! I guess he was visiting for the Sports Festival but got lost. Right, Scar face?" She asked as she gave him a 'play along' look.

Laxus just grunted and crossed his arms.

"Miss Hayashi, if you would, I'd like to speak to you and Mr. Dreyar here in private." Nezu said. As he squeezed through the crowd.

"Ah, of course. Lead the way." Akina answered.

The two of them followed the mouse principal through the now parted crowd. They ended up in recovery girl's office which was the most private room they could get.

"So, I'm assuming Dreyar here is from your world?" He asked.

Akina nodded. "Yep! He's from my guild too!"

"So that means he uses magic?"

Akina nodded.

"Hey, rat man. Stop talking about me like I'm not here." Laxus said, leaning forwards to get a better look at Nezu. "What even are you? An exceed of some kind?"

"I'm not an exceed, I can assure you. I am Principal Nezu! It's a pleasure to meet one of Hayashi's guild mates."

Laxus narrowed his eyes, then looked at Akina, "And why did he ask if I was from 'your world'?"

"Oh, uh, long story short we're in a different world where they have these things called quirks that are like magic but aren't? It's complicated. Wait, Laxus, how did you get here?"

"I don't know. A few days ago I was just walkin' around Magnolia when this weird misty portal opened up in front of me and pulled me in. Also, you know everyone at the guild's been worried about you, right?"

Akina tensed up slightly. "Y-Yeah. I assumed as much."

"When team weakling returned from that job and explained what happened the old fart sent out search parties for you all over Fiore."

"H-he did?" Akina asked. "Oh mavis I've caused so much trouble!"

"Have you not contacted your guild, Miss Hayashi?" Nezu asked.

"I don't have a lacrima, so I haven't had any means of being able to contact them." Akina said, placing a hand on the back of her head sheepishly, "But if Laxus is here than that must mean that mist man can take me and Laxus back to our world! We just have to find him first."

Nezu hummed, "Well, in the meantime, Dreyar-"

"Why're you calling me by my last name? It's Laxus." The lightning mage said.