Chapter 52

That night, Akina headed over to where some of the hereoes were meeting up for the rescue mission. When she had told her classmates to leave it to the pros earlier that day, she left out the fact that she was included with them, since she was technically a Pro Hero herself. After she had asked All Might to join the rescue mission a day before, he had taken her to Nezu who decided that with her strength and power she would be a useful asset to the rescue team and had told her the plan. And after talking with Tsukauchi about it, the detective eventually agreed as well.

Walking into the building, she headed to a room where some pro heroes were waiting, As she entered the room, the eyes of both the heroes and the police officers landed on her.

"Are you lost?" A man dressed in all denim asked.

"This is where Team B is meeting for the rescue mission, correct?" Akina said, looking around at all the heroes. "I'm pretty sure this is where I'm supposed to be."

"Aren't you one of the first years at U.A?" Tiger asked, looking down at Akina, "You shouldn't be here."

"Actually I should be here. Both Principal Nezu and Detective Tsukauchi have allowed me to be a part of this rescue mission."

"Ah Hayashi, glad to see you made it."  A voice said, and Akina looked up towards the source to see a Monitor mounted on the wall, imagery of some other heroes and police officers, the man who had just spoke was Detective Tsukauchi. " Now then, tt seems like everyone's there, so let's get started-"

"Why should I clean up UA's mess? I'm a very busy man, as you know." A voice asked, and Akina looked to see that the Number 2 hero Endeavor was standing just behind Tsukauchi.

"Get off your high horse." Best Jeanist said, "You are a UA alum."

"I don't see why I have to be here either. It's not like I have any relation to any of this." Another voice said and Akina saw a familiar lightning scarred man standing in the corner of the other room though the monitor.

"We can't call any heroes away from the school. There is a bigger picture, both of you." Tsukauchi said, then turned to the other heroes who were in the room with him, addressing everyone. "It's possible this incident is the beginning of the end for Hero society. We'll stop at nothing to resolve this successfully."

"During internships I invited Bakugo to my agency to try to reform him. I've met very few as stubborn as he is. I imagine he's fighting back. We need to hurry." Best Jeanist said.

"Not even you were able to change his behavior." Another hero, Gang Orca, said.

Best Jeanist put a hand to his face, "Yes. He was inflexible, pride sewn into his very core."

"My comrade, Ragdoll, was also taken. This is my chance to get her back." Tiger said.

"Thanks to the tracking devices made by one of the students, we now believe there are two separate hideout locations." Tsukauchi said, bringing their attention back to him. "We know from our investigations where the kidnapped victim is located. We'll send the bulk of our forces there. Retrieving Bakugo is our priority. At the same time we'll gain control of the other hideout. This will cut off their paths of retreat. We'll arrest them all at once. We have also received information that one of the villains is actually on our side, and will help us once we're there." A look of determination crossed his face, "We have the element of surprise. These villains will not succeed! At the press conference earlier we had Principal Nezu act clueless to deceive the villains. He feigned ignorance on camera, as if we didn't have any leads. After hearing his words, the villains won't expect us to rush in on the very same day. We'll retaliate! It's time for our counterattack! Remind the world what you can do, heroes!"