Chapter 28

The next day of internships Akina found herself at a photo shoot. Apparently Ryukyu had been asked to be interviewed for some type of hero magazine and brought Akina along with her. Looking around it was much different than when she had to be interviewed for Sorcerer Weekly. There were a lot more cameras and a lot more people.

Looking ahead of her Akina watched as Ryukyu posed for a few shots.

A while into the shoot the two of them made eye contact and she placed a hand up, "Dryad, why don't you join me for a few shots? That's okay, right?" She glanced towards the man who seemed to be in charge of the whole shoot.

The director looked from Ryukyu to Akina and nodded, "Sure! She'll have to get used to photo shoots if she's gonna go pro. Get on up there, kiddo! We'll get a few shots with you. Who knows, if they're good you might even make it into the magazine as well!"

"Uh, yes sir!" Akina said, bowing her head and the next hour involved her and Ryukyu posing for the camera. They had run through multiple different poses and a few different settings. Once they had finished with the photos Ryukyu was pulled aside for a one on one interview. As she was waiting Akina was approached by a woman holding a notepad.

"You're interning under Ryukyu, correct?" She asked, and when Akina nodded, the reporter continued. "I was hoping to ask you some questions!"

"Oh, alright, ask away!" Akina exclaimed.

The reporter asked Akina some of the basic questions, like how her internship was going, what she thought of what she's seen so far, mostly average questions involving her internship. Eventually the questions moved onto the Sports Festival and her time at U.A there were a few questions about All Might sprinkled in as well but that was to be expected.

"So, what do you think of All Might, as a teacher that is?"

"He's great! He would be better if he accepted my challenges and we actually got to fight."

"Y-you've challenge the number 1 hero to fights?" The reporter asked, looking at Akina with a shocked expression.

"Oh yeah! Multiple times! But he's always like 'you have access to the schools battle robots' and 'You can't challenge your teachers to fights, Hayashi'. I honestly don't understand why he keeps refusing!" The reporter just looked at Akina in complete shock as the freckled girl talked, until she turned and looked at her, "Anyways, you got any more questions?"

"Ah, no, I've gotten everything I need." The reporter said, placing her notepad back into her back and standing up. "Thank you for your time." She bowed and rushed away, Akina could of sworn she saw a look of slight fear on her face.

It wasn't long before Ryukyu was done and the two of them headed back to the agency building, where Akina would learn from the pro-heroes who worked under Ryukyu.

***

The next day, Akina found herself rising the bullet train to Hosu City for a public conference Ryukyu was participating in, sitting besides Nejire and across from Ryukyu. Currently Akina was resting her head on Nejire's lap with her eyes closed.

The train ride couldn't of been more than an hour but Akina felt like it had lasted forever. The moment she stepped off of the train she felt her energy return to her, hearing Nejire let out a small giggle behind her.

"You really are interesting! It's like you're a whole different person when on the train! I never knew motion sickness could be that intense."

Akina scratched the back of her head, "Yeah, well, I guess I'm a special case." Akina said.

Nejire smiled and the two of them followed Ryukyu as they made their way through the streets.

"You two better be alert. There have been claims of people seeing the Hero Killer around these parts. If you see anything suspicious point it out."

"Yes ma'am!" Nejire and Akina said before they continued heading to where Ryukyu's conference was going to be held.

As she walked, Akina helps her eyes, nose, and ears peeled. So far she hadn't sensed anything off around her. As they walked, a familiar smell came to her, the scent of engine oil and orange juice. Looking past Ryukyu, Akina saw a familiar face standing by a hero clad in light blue and white.

"Manual, seems like we've arrived a little early." Ryukyu said— it seemed to Akina that they would be participating in the conference together. It made sense since Ryukyu was ranked in the top ten and Manuel's agency was placed in Hosu City.

"Glad to see you could make it." Manuel said, bowing his head respectfully to the higher ranked hero. "Let me introduce you, this is my UA Intern, Tenya."

"It's a pleasure, miss!" Iida said, bowing in greeting.

"Fancy seeing you here, Ii- Tenya!" Akina said.

"Yes. Quite the coincidence." Iida said.

"It seems you two already know each other, then." Manuel said.

Akina nodded, "Yes, sir, we're both students at U.A, and are in the same class."

"Well if that's the case then why don't you two take some time to catch up as we prepare the conference. It shouldn't be long so just stay nearby, okay. If that's fine with you, Ryukyu."

Ryukyu Gave Manuel a small smile, "It's perfectly fine with me. Maybe they'll be able to share some knowledge with each other."

"Yes ma'am." Akina gave Ryukyu a smile and waved as the three of them walked into the building, leaving her and Iida standing outside. The moment they were out of sight Akina's smile dropped and she looked at Iida, "You haven't tried anything, have you?"

"Of course not." Iida responded, "I haven't been had a chance."

"So if you did have a chance you'd of gone after him already?" Iida frowned and looked off to the side, obviously avoiding the young mage's gaze. Akina let out a small sigh and crossed her arms. "I've told you this before, Iida, revenge isn't as sweet as it's made out to be." Looking at Iida's expression, Akina was well aware that her words weren't getting through to him. She let out a quiet sigh and leaned back against the building. "But I can see plain on your face that you're not listening to me so I'll say these final words. If you need to, then get revenge, and see for yourself how unfulfilling it is."