Chapter 42

Me, posing a third chapter this week?
Nope
Wrong bitch
——————

"Well, we're wasting time by standing here, so let's get going, guys!" Akina said, starting to head into the forest when a blur of purple ran past her into the shadows of the forest, only for the teen to let out a shriek of terror.

In the shadows, Akina was able to make out the figure of some kind of creature. By the smells of it it was composed mainly of dirt, grass, and trees, as well as the feint earthy scent of the Blonde hero that had used her quick to sweep all of the students off of the overlook. These were definitely her doing. By the reactions of her classmates, Akina could tell that they were all absolutely terrified.

In front of them, the beast lifted a paw to swipe at M*neta, and Koda started to try to calm the creature down by using his quirk.

"That's not gonna work, animal kid." Akina said, placing a hand on a nearby tree, a magic circle appearing, causing the tree to grow bigger and wrap it's branches around the beast's paw, stopping it from ending flinging M*neta into the unknown— despite how much she wanted to see it happen. "This guy is made of all dirt and rock!"

"Right! This is Pixie-Bob's quirk!" Midoriya exclaimed.

"Which means it's an all you can eat buffet!" Akina said at the same time, clapping her hands together as he eyes shone. She'd never eaten a creature like this before, one created by a quirk that is. She's encountered dark wizards who coukd animate earth but this was different.

"Wait, you don't plan on eating that thing, right Aki?" Mina asked.

"You bet I am! But first we gotta take it down!" The branches that were around the beast's front leg tightened and the dirt crumbled to the ground. While it was unbalanced, Midoriya, Bakugo, and Iida shot forwards with their quirks activated, the trio of attacks hitting the beast at the same time and causing it to crumble to the forest floor.

As Sato and Sero walked up to the two boys, Akina ran up to the crumbled beast, grabbing a clod of dirt and biting into it. "This is delicious! The quirk gives it the perfect aftertaste! Just Ibarra's vines!" She gushed, placing a hand to her cheek.

She seriously ate it. Class 1-A thought at the same time.

"You really showed that thing who's boss." Kirishima said, looking at Bakugo.

"We're not done." Bakugo said, looking further into the forest, where more of the beast's awaited them.

"Hey come on, don't you think this is a little unfair?" Kaminari asked.

"What now? Do we run?" Mina asked.

"Not good. If we don't make it to the camp fast enough, then we won't get anything to eat." Sato said, slight panic in his voice.

"He's right. We have no choice but to cut through these woods using the shortest possible route." Momo said.

"Great idea. Just one question, which route is the shortest?" Jiro asked.

"Oh! I can figure that out!" Akina said, "Just give me a second."

Finishing up the first she had in her hand she wiped off her mouth and took a deep breath, closing her eyes and grounding herself. A dim green glow appeared around her, and the leaves of the trees started to sway, despite there being no breeze. It was only a minute later before the glow dimmed and Akina opened her eyes. "Alright! Got it! The shortest route is... this way!" She exclaimed, motioning towards the northwest.

"All right, thank you Hayashi!" Iida said. "Let's go class A!"

The class cheered and they moved forwards, further into the Beast's Forest. As they moved forwards they slowly separated into teams, Shoji and Jiro used their quirks to survey the route and warn everyone of oncoming beats. The rest of the class separated into groups to take down each creature, each person having a different role in the group.