Chapter 44

At the end of the day, Aizawa had to drag Akina away from her training, which when he walked into the clearing he was greeted by her bench pressing five entire trees. By the time her training ended, the sun had started to set and all of class A and B were standing in a group in front of the other teachers, Pixie Bob and another member of the Wild Wild Pussycats, Ragdoll, were standing behind a table of food. Looking around at all of her classmates, it was obvious that Akina was the only one who didn't look like death after that training session— which only meant she was going to work even harder tomorrow!

"Now. Remember what I said?" Pixie Bob asked. "We're not serving your food anymore!"

"If you guys wanna eat you'll have to make your own meals! Starting with curry!" Ragdoll said. Something about her reminded Akina of Happy, but the freckled mage couldn't put her finger on what.

"Yes ma'am." The students said, they even sounded close to death, causing Ragdoll to start laughing.

"Oh, man, you guys look exhausted! But that dosen't mean you can coast by making sloppy cat food!"

"Oh! I see." Iida said, perking up from beside Akina. "An important part of saving someone recovering from a disaster is providing for their physical needs as well as spiritual. Ah! This is a great opportunity! Let's make the most delicious curry in the world, everyone!"

Iida was barely able to rise the class' morale but eventually everyone started to move and work on making dinner.

"Bakugo, use an explosion to light that." Sero said, looking at Bakugo who was kneeling down by the heap of sticks.

The classes had broken up into separate groups, Akina being in the same group as Bakugo, Sero, and Tokoyami

"This is so beneath me." Bakugo said, flinging an explosion at the pot and causing almost the entire station to blow up.

"Rely on others and you'll never learn to start a fore yourself." Yaoyorozu said. "We should focus on acquiring new skills."

"Exactly what she said." Akina said, moving to the undamaged fire place beside the one Bakugo blew up and grabbing one of the sticks. "Don't worry, I got this." She placed the sticks between her hands and started to twirl it onto a larger stick that was laying in the pile. It only took a minute or two but eventually it caught fire and they had the perfect flame.

Bakugo scoffed and stood up, starting to walk away, only to be stopped when Akina created two vines and grabbed him by his arm. She stood up and placed her hands on her hips, "You're not going anywhere. You have to help us with making this curry, spark head."

Bakugo gritted his teeth and raised his hand, "Stop calling me by those stupid nicknames!"

"No. Now come over and help us make this curry."

Bakugo scoffed before he walked back over the the group. "Fine, but if any of you extras mess anything up I'm going to kill you, ya hear me?"

Akina hummed as she was looking at the box, "Yeah, sure. It says here we're going to need some fresh onions, grated ginger root..." She started muttering as she listed off the ingredients, small plants growing at her feet of what they needed. By the end of the list, by the end of the list the plants had grown into a small vegetable patch.

"You know they provided us with the veggies, right?"

"Oh, I know! I just think fresh veggies always make things taste better! Now, let's start cooking!"

After making the curry, their group served each other and sat down, watching as the rest of the class did the same. "We did it!" They all cheered before they started to shovel the food into their mouths.