Chapter 32

It wasn't long before Akina and her classmates were rushed to the hospital— even though she insisted she could heal everyone they told her to back down and 'let the professionals handle it'. After a few tests the doctors concluded that Akina was perfectly fine. After pestering some of the doctors, she had found out the conditions of her classmates.

Midoriya mainly had some minor scrapes, though his leg had gotten messed up, Todoroki's injuries were minor as well, a scrape on his cheek and some cuts on his arm. Iida was the one who was injured the most. The injury he had gotten on his shoulder required surgery and he had been rushed into a surgical room the moment they had arrived.

At the moment, Akina was sitting with her legs hanging over a hospital bed. Even though the doctors had concluded she was fine, they wanted her to stay overnight to run a few more tests. As she was sitting, her cellphone vibrated, and she pulled it out of her pocket, seeing that Nezu had texted her. She had texted him earlier to give him a small report of what happened, she was employed by him after all.

Rat bear man
Thank you for informing me of what happened. I am thankful you were there to make sure your classmates weren't injured any further.

It was only a second before he sent another message.

Rat bear man
The police will be questioning you on what happened. As of now they are unaware that you are employed as Security for U.A. I trust you know what to do.

Akina
👌

Akina let herself fall back onto the hospital bed. If she wasn't going to be going any time tonight, she might as well fall asleep.

The next morning, Akina was discharged and right after she changed back into her hero costume she immediately ran to the hospital's cafeteria. She had been starving ever since the fight with Stain.

After eating almost all of the food in the cafeteria she headed to where Iida, Todoroki, and Midoriya were staying. Since she was a girl she had been placed in a different room than the boys, but now that he was discharged, she could easily visit them.

Though as she walked through the hallways she noticed a dog-headed man standing right outside their hospital room. It looked like he had just talked with whoever had been inside. As she walked up to him, he looked up and towards her, their eyes meeting.

"Hello, sir, did you have any business with my classmates?"

"Classmates? Ah, you much be Hayashi Akina, the other UA student who was caught up in the fight with Stain. I'm the chief of police fro Hosu, Tsuragamae Kenji, woof."

"Pleasure to meet you sir."

"I'm glad I ran into you as well. I need to talk to you about what happened last night. May we head somewhere we can have a chat?"

Akina gave him a smile and nodded, "Of course, sir."

The two of them headed to a small lounge area for patients and those visiting the hospital, since not many people hung around there in the mornings it was the perfect place for the two of them to have a conversation. The cheif sat across from Akina, a small table between the two of them.

"Right now Stain is in the hospital under strict guard. He had several burns and multiple broken bones, and by the looks of it his spine seemed to of been injured by some high impact attack." Tsurahamae started. "Here's a lesion you should of already learned, when quirks became the norm, the police force sough to maintain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use Quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in."

Akina cleared her throat and interrupted his little speech. "I'm sorry, sir, but I'm pretty sure I know where you're going with this. This isn't the first time I've been scolded like this by someone of authority." She reached into a pocket in her hero costume and pulled out a card, more specifically an ID. "I'm aware that usage of quirks when you're uncertified is illegal. But I can assure you I had the authority to do what I did last night."

"What are you talking about? Woof."

Akina placed the ID on the table and slid it forwards. "This information was not released for many reasons, not even to those in positions such as yours. I was hired by Principal Nezu as extra security for U.A."

The chief tilted his head slightly as he looked at her, "U.A hired someone your age as security? I'm sorry if I offend you but I'm having a hard time believing that."

Akina smiled, "My ID is right on the table, please, feel free to look at it."

Tsuragamae looked down at the table and picked up the card, holding it close to his eye for a minute or two before placing it back down on the table and closing his eyes. "This ID is the real thing." He muttered.

"Of course! So me beating up Stain was completely legal! I didn't even destroy anything so I can't even get in trouble for property damage!" She looked up at the Chief, her eyes glinting, "I was only doing my job when pummeling that villain!"

The chief nodded, "Since you are authorized to use your quirk, you are not at fault in this situation. Though, the proper thing to do back there was to send the students off to safety."

"What's the point of that? I mean, they're going to be heroes so what's the harm in letting them have on field experience?"

"They might be heroes in training, but the fact still remains that they're not authorized to use their quirks in public. Woof." He cleared his throat and stood up, "I'm sorry to leave so abruptly, but I need to return back to the station and fill out some paperwork. I'm sure you've been itching to get back to your internships. Farewell, Hayashi." He bowed his head and walked out of the lounge area.

Akina remained seated for a few seconds before letting out a sigh and standing up. After a fight like that she wanted to return to the guild hall and celebrate with her guild mates, but... she couldn't do that at the moment.

"Hayashi?" A voice asked, and Akina turned her head to see Todoroki and Iida standing in the hallway.

Akina tightened her fists and tried to pummel down the feeling of longing that had arisen in her chest. "Hey Todoroki, Iida, looks like you two have been discharged as well."

"Indeed. The two of us were just about to head back to our internships. You can join us if you'd like." Iida said.

"I think I will. You're taking the train, aren't you Icyflame?"

"Uh, yeah. I am."

Akina nodded and gave him a small smile, "Then I'll walk with you guys. Ryukyu sent me a message earlier to just head to her agency right after getting out."

Iida nodded, "Sounds good! Let's head out!"

And like that, the three of them walked out of the of the hospital and back to continue their internships.