Chapter 15

Y/n felt her heart stop.

The whole world seemed to freeze, with only her moving. It was so cold...

"H-Hanako-kun...?" Nene whispered. The ghost boy didn't answer. His face had a look of absolute terror and despair on it.

"Well?" Tsukasa asked cheerfully. "Don'tcha have anything to say?" He turned to look at Y/n, his face changing as he saw her condition.

What was the look on his face? Was it... concern?

"I'd love to continue our reunion, Amane." He said, looking back at his brother. "However, I need to go. We'll see each other again some other time, okay?" He smiled and picked up Y/n bridal style. Then, he carried her away.

~Nene's POV~

As soon as Y/n and the boy (Tsukasa?) left, Nene looked at Hanako, unsure of how to react.

According to Tsukasa, Hanako killed him.

Why? Was he lying? What had happened? Surely Hanako had a reason...

She had known for a long time that Hanako had killed someone. Her other friend, Kou-kun, had said so, and Hanako had said so, too. But...

Nene hadn't known that Hanako had killed his brother.

"Hanako-kun?" She asked again, a little worried now. He didn't look okay at all.

"I'm sorry." He said suddenly. His voice was small, and he sounded shaky. "I've gotta go." With that, he turned and floated down the other hallway. Nene watched him go, unsure of what to do.

She was now very alone.

Nene shivered.

Then, she went down the same hallway Hanako did.

~Y/n's POV~

"What happened to her?" Sakura asked. "Why is she so pale?"

"I saw Amane today." Tsukasa said. Sakura froze, and Natsuhiko stared in disbelief.

"Wait, you found him?" He asked. "What did you do?"

"I said hi to him." Tsukasa said simply, setting Y/n down on the couch. She wasn't unconscious, but she was in a state of shock.

Hanako... he had killed Tsukasa.

Y/n had known he was a ghost, but it hadn't really occurred to her that he would have had to die to be one. She never really questioned it, probably because she had forgotten.

But now she realized. In order to be an apparition, you had to have died. And that meant that Tsukasa had died very young.

Maybe she hadn't wanted to think about it.

"Well, what does that have to do with Y/n?" Sakura asked impatiently. "Is she alright?" Tsukasa shrugged.

"While I was talking to Amane, I noticed she looked sick." He explained. "I didn't want her to die or something, so I left with her."

"She probably isn't going to die." Sakura muttered, looking at Y/n.

"I thought you had said you would follow her without her noticing?" Natsuhiko recalled. "Why the change of plans?" Tsukasa tensed.

"Because Amane touched her." He said quietly. "And he made her blush." Natsuhiko blinked in confusion.

"I mean, I get the touching thing." He mused. "But, why does it matter if he made her blush?" Tsukasa turned to look at him, anger in his amber eyes.

"Because only I'M allowed to do that!" He exclaimed angrily. "Her blushing is so pretty, and it makes me mad that other people are taking advantage of that! Only I should be able to do that!"

Natsuhiko raised his eyebrows.

"That's quite an explanation." He said thoughtfully. "But it makes sense why you were so angry with me when I first met Y/n." He pondered that for a few moments. "Although, it kind of sounds like you like her..."

Tsukasa came over to Natsuhiko, and pulled him aside.

"And so what if I do?" He asked, his tone even. "Is there a problem?" Natsuhiko smiled and shook his head.

"Not at all." He said, amused. 

"Tsu...Tsukasa?" Y/n called weakly. The two boys turned to look at her. She was still sitting on the couch, but she seemed a little less pale.

"Yeah?" He answered. "What is it?"

"Can you come over here?" The girl asked. Tsukasa hesitated before walking over and sitting next to her. Natsuhiko noted that he, for once, was keeping a respectful distance away.

"What is it?" He asked again.

"Can I lean on you?" Y/n asked, sounding tired. Tsukasa turned a little pink, but nodded. The girl sighed and leaned over, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Thanks..." She whispered, and slowly fell asleep. Tsukasa didn't move.

He stayed like that until she woke up a few hours later.

~~~~~~

New chapter coming soon