Chapter 34

~Alert: The following text will have violence and blood in it. Viewer discretion advised.~

~Y/n's POV~

The next few weeks were filled with happiness.

Y/n was surrounded by people who cared about her, and made her smile. And she had Tsukasa, the boy she loved and who loved her back.

Everything was perfect.

However...

All good things must come to an end.

It was on Friday that Y/n realized something.

It had been about two months since she had been home. She had always been staying with Tsukasa and the others in the recording room.

But it's not like her mother cared. And her father was never home because of work. They probably never noticed.

But she knew she would have to go back. That was her home, after all.

She brought this up to Tsukasa, Sakura and Natsuhiko.

Natsuhiko nodded. "Yeah, I think you should go home, too." He suddenly realized how mean that sounded. "Oh, sorry, I meant that you should take a break from here for a little while! Ugh, that was really rude..."

Sakura also agreed. "You should be fine. If your mother gives you hell, the three of us will deal with her, okay?"

Tsukasa was the only one who disagreed.

"What?!" He exclaimed angrily. His anger was not directed towards Y/n; he was just angry about the whole idea. "Screw that! Your mom is horrible! You should stay here with me!" He grabbed Y/n's hands and held them up. "You need to stay!" He said the last part almost pleadingly. Y/n was almost tempted to stay; however, she needed to go.

She was amazed that her mother hadn't called the school yet. 

"I'm sorry, Tsukasa." She said, squeezing the boy's hands. His expression was distraught and conflicted.

"No, Y/n..." He said. "You can't go back to her." Y/n smiled.

"It's okay." She reassured him. "It's like Sakura said. If something happens, I'll use the amulet." That seemed to make him relax, but he was still reluctant.

Finally, he looked down.

"Fine." He said quietly. "But only for a day. Then you have to come back." Y/n nodded, and let go of his hands.

"Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it!" She promised. Tsukasa hugged her tightly, almost seeming afraid of letting go.

"I love you..." He whispered. Y/n blushed, and smiled.

"I love you, too..." She replied. Then, she pulled away from the hug, grabbed her schoolbag, and opened the door.

~Time skip~

It was dark by the time Y/n got back.

All the lights in the house were off, causing Y/n to relax a little. Mom was asleep.

She quietly opened the door, which to her surprise was unlocked. She stepped into the hallway and was immediately met with the strong stench of body odor and alcohol.

"What the heck...?" She breathed. She covered her nose with her shirt, but it didn't help very much. Y/n made her way down the hall and into the living room.

There, she froze.

Her mother was sitting in a chair, staring off into space. She held a knife in one hand. The other hand was bandaged tightly but not well. All around the chair were empty bottles.

"Y/n..." Mom said, sounding far away. "You're home after so long..." She looked up, and Y/n backed away when she saw how dull her mother's eyes were.

"I've missed you, baby." She said, getting up. She stumbled over to Y/n, knife still in her hand. Then, she stopped, wobbling in front of her daughter, who was too scared to move.

"I'm sorry..." Mom whispered, tears running down her face. "I've been horrible to you... I... I don't deserve to be your mother..." With that, she wrapped her thin arms around Y/n, causing the girl to stiffen.

What was going on? Why had mother changed so drastically?

Was she... actually sorry?

Then, Y/n felt something cold cut into her stomach.

"I'm sorry..." Mom repeated, staring down at her daughter. "I'm sorry for this... but it's for the best..." 

Y/n couldn't breathe from the pain.

She looked down, shaking violently as she saw the knife stuck in her abdomen, held there by her mother's filthy, bony hand. Blood was staining her uniform crimson.

"Why...?" She whispered. "WHY?!" She screamed the second time, pushing her mother away from her. Already, she could feel her legs going numb, and her vision was getting blurry. 

Mom stumbled backward, tripping over an empty bottle. She fell, landing roughly.

"I did it for you!" She cried, sitting up wearily. "I can't hurt you anymore!"

"I hate you!" Y/n yelled. "I hate you! I was happy! I was without you!" She coughed into her hand, and saw red. "It's all your fault! I HATE YOU!!" With that, she ran to her mother and kicked her over, the knife still in her stomach. She climbed onto mom, holding her down with her weight.

Y/n didn't know why she did it.

It was pure hatred that drove her to grab a bottle and smash it over her mother's head.

Glass shattered on her skull, but it didn't injure her.

Y/n grabbed another bottle, and did the same thing. Still nothing.

"I HATE YOU!!!" She screamed, and pulled the knife out of herself. She had gone numb, and her vision was darkening.

Lifting the knife high above her head, Y/n brought it down upon her mother's throat, cutting it open.

Mom choked on her own blood, which was spurting from her neck like a tiny fountain. Y/n raised the knife again and stabbed mom in the chest again and again.

When she was dead, Y/n dropped the knife in shock. Her mother's horrified expression frightened her, and she screamed again.

She started to cry.

"No..." She sobbed. "No!" She held her stomach, feeling her hands become wet.

"I'm sorry... Tsukasa..."

She tried to reach for the locket around her neck, but it was too late.

Y/n slumped over, her vision completely black.

~~~~~~

The End

Just kidding.

I hate myself :')

New chapter coming soon