Chapter 31

~Y/n's POV~

Y/n ran into the girls' bathroom, out of breath and shaking. She marched over to the third stall and knocked.

"Hanako-san!" She gasped, her chest hurting from running so fast. The door opened, revealing Tsukasa's twin brother. He looked at her with surprise, then worry.

"What is it?" He asked. "You don't look alright."

"I know who it is!" Y/n exclaimed. "I know who is eating the spirits!" Hanako's eyes widened.

"Who is it?" He asked seriously, his body tense.

"His name is Hisato Nakamura!" Y/n explained. "He transferred here a day after the Mokke disappeared! His hair color changed daily, and when Yako died, his hair was the same color of blonde!" Hanako was lost in thought.

"Thank you, Y/n." He said, looking back up at her. "If he's a spirit, then he's still somewhere around the school. Do you have any idea where he could be?" Y/n was about to say no, when she remembered something.

"He told me he wanted to meet me in the practice garden!" She said. "He might still be there!" Hanako thanked Y/n once more before rushing out of the bathroom, leaving her alone.

She finally relaxed.

"You certainly took your time."

Y/n felt her heart stop.

She slowly turned around to face the entrance to the restroom.

Hisato Nakamura stood there, smiling. His pink hair caught the light from the setting sun.

"I thought you said we'd meet in the garden!" He said, laughing. "Not the restroom!"

"Cut it out, Hisato!" Y/n yelled. "You aren't gonna trick me again!"

"I know." He said, sighing. "You know, Y/n. I really, honestly liked you. If you hadn't gone and told that School Wonder about me, we probably could have been really good friends. Maybe even lovers." He shrugged. "Well, too late for that now. I was originally planning to only eat your ghost friend, but now I have no choice but to destroy you, as well."

Y/n felt clammy. She was shaking violently with fear, backing up against the windowsill. Hisato stepped closer, smiling with sharp teeth.

She was going to die here.

She would never be able to tell Tsukasa how she felt about him.

Tsukasa...

Y/n grabbed for the locket around her neck, her fingers fumbling to open the tiny clasp. Finally, though, it clicked, and it swung open.

Please... she thought desperately, as Hisato drew closer. Please save me...

Tsukasa!

Hisato laughed, reaching out a clawed hand towards her face. 

Y/n shut her eyes tightly.

With a sudden gust of wind, Hisato was blown back, being thrown against the wall. Y/n cried out in shock, and looked up at her savior.

Tsukasa stood there.

"Tsukasa..." Y/n whispered, tears dripping from her eyes. The boy looked down at her, and saw her crying.

His eyes widened with shock. Then, his gaze turned furious as he looked back up at Hisato, who was just getting up.

"What did you do to her?" He whispered menacingly. Hisato stared at the apparition in what appeared to be fear.

"No matter." Tsukasa said quietly, pulling out a blade. Y/n flinched back, shocked by how much the boy had changed.

"I'm gonna kill you either way, you stupid punk."

~~~~~~

New chapter coming soon!

We're reaching the final stretch, btw guys :3