Chapter 17

Tsukasa wasn't asleep for nearly as long as Y/n; he woke up in 30 minutes.

When he opened his eyes, he stared up at the girl holding him drowsily.

"Huh...?" He mumbled sleepily. "Are you an angel...?" His words were slurred, telling Y/n that he wasn't fully awake yet. Still, the comment made her cheeks burn.

Tsukasa rubbed his eyes, stretching. He yawned, making a sound that reminded her of a kitten. Y/n forced herself to contain the "awww" she was about to release.

He was adorable! She wanted to just hug him forever!

"Why is there an angel...?" He muttered to himself. "I've been pretty bad..." He looked around the room. Recognition filled his eyes. "Ah... no, I'm still here. That's good." He gazed back up at Y/n. "Which means you're... a fallen angel?" He tilted his head in thought. "Wait, no, I know who you are." A sweet smile covered his face. "Good morning, Y/n. Sorry for sleeping on you."

"No, it's okay." She replied, not bothering to point out that it was late in the evening. "You weren't asleep for very long."

"Oh." Tsukasa got up, making sure not to hurt Y/n. 

He smiled at her again, still a little drowsy. "I had a nice dream." He said, stretching again. "I'd tell you what it was, but I don't really remember it." He grinned at her. "You were in it, though. I remember that."

"Really?" Y/n asked, wondering what had happened in his dream. Oh well, she'd never know... 

"How long was I sleeping for?" He asked.

"About 30 minutes." She answered, looking at the clock on her phone. "Again, you weren't asleep for very long." Tsukasa nodded.

"Did I, like, move around in my sleep or anything?" He asked. Y/n thought about it, before shaking her head.

"You were pretty still." She said. Then, she got up. "I've gotta go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." She left the room, leaving Tsukasa alone.

For the first time, he noticed Natsuhiko sitting in a chair, reading a book.

"I didn't know you liked to read." Tsukasa said, floating over to the other boy.

"I don't, really." Natsuhiko replied, putting a bookmark in and closing the book. "I was bored." He looked up at the ghost with one raised eyebrow. "Seriously, though. What was that bullcrap about you not remembering your dream? In the rare moments that you actually sleep, you never hesitate to tell me and Sakura about the dreams you had. Why did you lie?"

"Sakura and me." Sakura corrected from across the room, not bothering to look up from her homework. For once, Natsuhiko ignored her.

"Well..." Tsukasa smiled and sat on the back of the chair. "I didn't want her to know about it."

"What was it?" Natsuhiko teased. "Something dirty?" Tsukasa shook his head, for once not hitting the boy on the back of the head.

"No." He said. "I had a dream that I was alive, and me and Y/n were living together peacefully. We lived in a house in the country. There was only one floor, but it was cute. We had a cat, too. His name was Pumpkin. He was fat, and he was bright orange." He sighed, resting his head on his palm. "It was really nice. I wish it would come true."

Natsuhiko was quiet. Sakura had stopped doing her homework and was now looking at the ghost sadly, not having the heart to correct his grammar.

Tsukasa laughed, suddenly losing his wistful expression.

"Well, it's not EVER gonna come true, so there's no point hoping!" He pointed out, grinning. "I'm gonna go spy on Y/n!" He giggled, got up and left the room. Natsuhiko and Sakura watched him go.

"...That is a nice dream." Natsuhiko said quietly.

"Yes, it is." Sakura agreed. 

They both felt a little empty.

~~~~~~

Next chapter coming soon